Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Are you calling yourself an entitled prima donna? - sm

Posted: May 18th, 2018 - 5:16 pm In Reply to: Added responsibilities, no added pay - Entitled Prima Donna

I was confused that you put that in the space where most posters put their "handles" or user names. I do hope you're not referring to the OP as an entitled prima donna, because that would indicate your incredible lack of understanding.

"I guess what you do is different, but at on-site jobs people are routinely asked to cover vacations, answer the phone and other things outside of their normal job description realm, no one gets extra pay."

Yes, it is different. This has nothing to do with being a team player. It has to do with an MTSO expecting something for nothing. You said you worked for years on a straight production MT job and were asked to do things outside the normal realm. Then you go on to say that they calculated your hourly pay based on your line rate. So you were, indeed, paid for the time you spent performing those other jobs, as you should have been. The OP is not looking for additional money. She is looking to be compensated for work she performs. Her post suggests that the company wants to pay her 0.08 a line, but while she is there, she is supposed to do other work as well. Nowhere does she imply that the MT will be compensated for time spent doing those things.

Maybe I misunderstood you or maybe you misunderstood the OP's original post. Just know that a job posting like that is disgusting and suggestive that the company is looking for free labor, which, last time I checked, is called slavery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)