Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Real World Scenario - Unrealistic expectations

Posted: May 18th, 2018 - 3:21 pm In Reply to: I will keep saying this. These jobs and their expectations - and demands always

We know we are valuable but I've never had a job where an employer truly understood what it takes to be a transcriptionist, people usually have to prove their worth. There are a lot of things in life that we shouldn't have to do but we do them anyway. I love how now it's the employer's fault because you don't like the way the ad is worded. In most jobs, some sort of salary negotiation takes place, they always start low, no matter what the job. You shouldn't have to beg for time off but at most jobs there is a schedule to work around, some places limit the amount of time you can take all a once. My attitude with a job like this is that it's a foot in the door. In all of my jobs I have taken on added responsibility, rarely with extra pay attached but welcomed it because I enjoy learning and feel that it makes me more valuable; I would not have survived after my MT department closed if I hadn't been willing to accept new duties. As far as covering someone's butt to make a perfect report, I thought it was understood that was part of an MTs job, I've known that for years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)