Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

RE: Other Careers - Resume - LL

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2018 - 9:29 am In Reply to: Try ratracerebellion.com it worked for me I am starting sm - justme

Searching as well and need some advice on my resume. I've sent some out with a cover letter and mentioned my transferable skills. I'm not getting anywhere with my attempts of applying as a scheduler, office asst, etc in a medical field. They all want office experience with software experience. I live in an area where working-class people are moving here in droves. I know it's competitive out there.

I've been in transcription for over 12 years. I was sending just that typical history and edited my cover letter to state my desire to use my skills in other avenues of the medical field. I've sent applications to other places that have nothing to do with the medical field and feel they're probably wondering why I would even apply with my history. (just my guess) I also mentioned my previous job before transcription.

After no response, I decided to change it to a more "functional" resume and followed a template I found, then one without a cover letter because read an article where most don't even look at that and revised into a "combination" resume.

Should I be going back further than transcription on the resume? I'm no spring chicken and have worked over 40 years. I can't imagine putting years like that on a resume.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)