Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I also had the same situation as you..SM - Old Anon

Posted: Mar 14th, 2018 - 5:26 am In Reply to: Pasting into Athena EMR/software - vineabider

Had a client who saw patients 2 mornings a week. I opened a Word file for a particular day, transcribed, then copied and pasted into the EMR. I then had a line count for that day for invoicing. Then after a few years of doing this, the EMR was suddenly messing up the formatting when I pasted. I did talk to the EMR vendor, and we couldn't figure out why it was doing that. What I did was take an average from my invoices of several months of the number of patients seen and the dollar amount charged (per my line rate)for any particular day. This gave me an average of $3.50 per patient. I talked to the client about the problem and suggested that I start charging per patient instead of per line, and they were fine with that. I have a stand-alone expander so was still able to use it (works in all Windows apps). The EMR did have a limited medical dictionary but I also had my own, which I could open in another window, so no problem there. I don't understand why another poster said you wouldn't make as much money typing in the EMR. I make the same amount charging per patient as I made charging by line. If you're an IC, you control how you are paid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)