Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Aquity.. (Views: 42)

Yup - Former QA

Posted: Feb 6th, 2018 - 12:33 pm In Reply to: Spot on! - see msg

We QA types (I left the biz completely) get ripped apart by the MTs as well as the MTs supervisor for "picking" on the poor MT. No matter how sweetly I tried to correct someone who did something blatantly wrong, the MT whined to the supervisor, and I got in trouble, even when I was right. We also catch h*** from corporate when we don't correct an MT. There were times I just let the error slide (unless it was a bad one) because I didn't need the MT and her supervisor coming down on me. So, then I get marked down for not "catching" the error. It's a no win.

Unless you've done QA in a big way for 100s of MTs, don't assume we have it rosy. You have no clue

I, however, have done MT as well and feel your pain in general about how this career has become unbearable for you guys, in terms of NJA and all the nonsense with ASR and cut in pay. A lot of QA people went back to MT---that's how bad QA'ing is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)