Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Do they really - ...

Posted: Feb 1st, 2018 - 6:02 pm In Reply to: Internet/WiFi - WonderWoman

insist on DSL?

DSL speeds are so slow that I would think it would not handle the data-transfer volumes involved in MT work.

It would seem that if they do require hardwired internet access would be something like cable or fiber optics. Are you sure about the DSL?

In any event, internet service usually comes into the home via a hard-wired system like cable or fiber, which can then be accessed either through a physical connection to the modem or via WiFi in the house. How would they know if you were connected to your household WiFi? I can see prohibiting the use of public WiFi such as at Starbucks or other public hot spots, which would definitely be a security issue, but your household WiFi is likely less vulnerable to exploitation, though I suppose WiFi in a multifamily dwelling could be a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Internet/WiFi - WonderWoman (Views: 1385, 2018-02-01, 3:39 pm)
    • Do they really - ...
      • Home wi-fi - It is secure (Views: 544, 2018-02-01, 8:35 pm)