Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You might want to consider a - different

Posted: Jan 13th, 2018 - 11:37 am In Reply to: I'm disabled, my landlord won't renew my Lease - Mel

course of action to solve your housing issues. You are considering spending money you apparently cannot afford to spend to pay a lawyer to deal with a landlord who does not want to renew your lease because of payment problems.

Even if you manage to cling to your current housing arrangement, the landlord will almost certainly continue to pursue every tactic available to get you to leave. You will then be faced with the same issue you have now, only you will have $1000 less to work with.

If your landlord will allow you to remain on a month-to-month basis for a period of time, you would almost certainly be better off using that time to find a better, more affordable housing arrangement.

Others have suggested seeing what your local social services agencies can do for you, which would likely be a very good place to start.

If you cannot keep up with your rent as required in your lease agreement, the landlord is within his rights to ask you to leave. It sounds like you are not yet facing eviction, so be proactive and seek out an arrangement that works better for you while you still have some flexibility in the timing. Once you have been evicted, your choices and your flexibility will be gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)