Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Have you considered renting a room in a house - instead of an apartment?

Posted: Jan 13th, 2018 - 8:19 am In Reply to: I'm disabled, my landlord won't renew my Lease - Mel

You'd have kitchen and bath privileges, of course, and probably reasonable use of other common areas of the house, yard, etc.

Room rentals are usually cheaper than 1-BR apartments in the same area, and nowadays almost all will have internet access, etc.

I'd take that $1000 and look for that sort of situation rather than paying it to an attorney who, I can almost promise you, will not be able to prevent your landlord from evicting you (based on what you've said about late payments and NSF checks). Even Section 8 housing landlords are not obliged to keep renters who don't pay their rent as agreed, especially on a repeated basis, and I'm very doubtful that being disabled will make any difference either. If so, we'd have apartment buildings filled with disabled people who don't have to pay their rent, and you can see why that's simply not going to happen - i.e., because there would soon be no housing for disabled people at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)