Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Productivity formulas applied to IC's?? - ICMT

Posted: Jan 12th, 2018 - 9:31 am

Athreon hires IC transcriptionists - not employee status.  I just got released from 'training' and got a huge, complex e-mail detailing "productivity factor" with all these requirements.  Is that legal?  The whole plus side of being an independent contractor is to not worry about junk like that.  We get no benefits, no PTO, but now we have to be held to employee constraints on time management?  They frame the whole thing as a "tool" to help you gauge how efficient you are and to help you boost your earnings, blah blah.   I was ready to walk away several times, but I'm hanging for something better.  This seems wrong to me.  As a self-employed IC, I don't need my hand held to "improve my production".  Either you want me to type for you or you don't.  Let me work.   UGH!!!!!!!!  (I have 10 years full time experience & this is a part time 2nd contract).

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)