Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 32)

Hard not to be annoyed with MT what it is now - We are all just human too

Posted: Jan 9th, 2018 - 9:46 pm In Reply to: SM - Trying to help a newbie

Apologies to new MTs if some of the Word Help old-timers seem grouchy at times. It is not the fault of newbies asking questions; I remember those frustrating days myself! I do agree with reading the sticky up top, though.

But omg sometimes it irks the heck out of me that I am now paid what I made as a newbie myself for two decades worth of invaluable experience. You need only listen to the questions of a new transcriptionist to once again realize the incredible value of years of experience in this field!!!! HOW DOES IT NOT COMPENSATE US DECENTLY ANYMORE??

It used to be so much more fun to come here and answer questions...paid well ourselves and feeling generous with our time and hard-earned knowledge and skill.

Sorry about this sidetrack. Elsewhere, anyone saying this would be told to hush up and go get a job as a cashier in a gas station. :)

Good luck to the OP. It will get easier with practice and time. In the meantime, if you have "live ears" to take a second listen, you will have the best luck with the harder stuff.

Terminology books can help but in the beginning you will need someone to proofread your work and some of it will just come with tincture of time. There is no other way. That is why we used to make the big bucks. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)