Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board

SM - Trying to help a newbie

Posted: Jan 9th, 2018 - 5:14 pm In Reply to: Ischemic cardiomyopathy assessed for ventricular arrhythmia - Student

Even though we're not supposed to help someone taking a test, I believe your first sentence should read: INDICATION: Ischemic cardiomyopathy, assess for ventricular arrhythmia. ["Indication" means purpose of the test/procedure. Not "assessed," the study is being done TO assess something.]

Next: For us to help you, you should put what the terms sound like, even though it may be jibberish to you. Don't put what you think it MIGHT be, put what it sounds like to you.

My advice would be to get a good set of old-fashioned terminology books. It's so much easier to look things up in them when you're new and then go online and do a search if you can't find what you're looking for in the books. Many will not agree with me, though, but that is my best advice.

I wish you a lot of luck in this challenging field. It takes years and years to become proficient. After all, it takes doctors at least 8 years to learn the terminology themselves and we're required to be proficient in all specialties!

I'm sorry, though, that it compensates us so poorly nowadays. It ain't what it used to be!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)