Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You Betcha - see msg

Posted: Dec 17th, 2017 - 6:55 pm In Reply to: Have you ever told a company why you didn't want to work for them? - SM

I quit one of the biggies and didn't give them notice.....But first, I used up all my PTO, made sure I was all paid, and I up and quit. I did not trust them to lock me out or cancel my insurance if I gave notice. I was told I was not eligible for rehire because I did not give notice.

Ha-ha, here's the funny part. I received a phone call 2 weeks later from an interviewer/recruiter who asked what it would take to get me to come back. I said, "Nothing." She proceeded to ask me a series of questions as to why I quit, of which I was very honest in answering. I did certainly tell her that I found it interesting that I was told I'm not eligible for rehire, and here they were asking me to come back.

As a little side note, I would NOT put down a company you quit or turned down, if you're interviewed by another company who asks why you got out. It's just bad form.

Get out of the field, end of discussion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)