Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Funny how people feel they need to "protect" the good - companies from getting resumes.

Posted: Dec 6th, 2017 - 5:18 pm In Reply to: Same story yet again - someone whining "nobody wants to share - the name of a good paying company" SM

In no other field do I know anyone who likes their job refusing to say who they work for.

Trust me - your company can handle it just fine if they were to receive unsolicited resumes, and I bet they do anyway.

Make no mistake about it. This is a female thing, a selfish thing and, in my opinion, more than a touch callous toward the plight of others.

I also wonder what you're so afraid of and guessing maybe you aren't very secure in your job. I worked for a great small company for a number of years until the owner retired. I probably recommended her to at least a dozen people, and GUESS WHAT:

1. I never lost my job because I'm good at what I do.
2. I never got chewed out for "swamping her with resumes." She thanked me for sending people to her.

Surprised? No, I really don't think you are.

If you're a good transcriptionist, you'll tell people about a good employer without fearing the loss of your job...and certainly without fearing some imaginary wrath of the owner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)