Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

NOBODY has addressed... - Regional

Posted: Dec 5th, 2017 - 11:35 am In Reply to: So right! You know what's going on today! - The tide is turning

MT is REGIONAL, and HOSPITALS determine what that region's picture looks like.

Years ago EVERY hospital in my city outsourced their MT departments. EVERY single one.

It wasn't long before the PHYSICIANS -- who have HOSPITAL privileges -- followed suit and outsourced their private practice office notes, etc. As a result, there is NO work for a small MTSO. The big boys have a corner on the market.

This is NOT the case in Podunk, a rural (usually but not always unincorporated) area with Indian hospitals and a couple of private ones. THOSE areas are STILL hiring in-house FT MTs with benefits. Of course, most people --- including MTs -- DO NOT live in those areas.

Based upon what I have read here, this is the NORM in the U.S. right now.

Additionally, all the in-house MT jobs I see posted (on Indeed, etc.) are quasisecretarial and/or require bilingual in order to interact with patients. That is NOT straight MT work so DOES NOT pay an MT's wage. More like a glorified file clerk.

So, until these are acknowledged and addressed this entire conversation is at cross-purposes. What we call, "apples and oranges."

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)