Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

sad mt - romiha

Posted: Nov 28th, 2017 - 11:46 am In Reply to: Beating a dead horse. - sm

I started in this business back in 1994 by BSing my way into it. I have 2 of my own remaining clients from back then. Yesterday, in 90 minutes, I earned $48 with my client - 65 CPL at 13¢. But, he only dictates once a week! The other client is part time - this morning I earned $9 from him - in just under 15 minutes! Not enough work to make ends meet.

At MTSO, I work 7 days a week, 6 am to 11 am and then take care of my elderly parents in the afternoons (mom has Alzheimers and dad isn't too far behind her), come home, sleep and start over again the next morning. Until VR took over, I was averaging $2000 a month with MTSO - enough to cover my bills and a little extra. Now that VR has taken over (almost a month so far), even starting 2-3 hours earlier in the morning, I am averaging $1370 per month. I don't know if this will pay my bills yet or not - will need to see what happens in December - and ugh! Right at Christmas time, too.

I don't have the luxury of finding a new job right now due to parents. Finding my own clients is like trying to throw snowballs in Hades. I can start typing 3-4 hours earlier in the morning so I can make ends meet and care for my parents. That's my solution to this issue right now.

This bites!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)