Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 34)

And this is why I am not meeting my lph this pay period again. - dnr

Posted: Oct 8th, 2017 - 12:54 am

This batch of new residents is the worst I have ever encountered in 30 years! Their residency started 3 months ago. They should have their dictation going smoothly by now. This batch appears to not even know the meaning of some of the medical words!

Tonight, again, was the same old story with the residents. Long dictations consisting of changing their mind multiple times, deleting and redictating entire paragraphs several times, instructing me to go up and add or change some of the report, instructing me to find a spot in the report where they dictated something and add something at that spot (heck no!). Typical results:
12-minute dictation - 76 lines.
18-minute dictation - 100 lines
32-minute dictation - 115 lines
18-minute dictation - 89 lines
13-minute dictation - 92 lines
Summation 93 minutes yielding only 472 lines, which should have yielded about 930 lines!

Add to that, almost 2 hours of 2 of my worst doctors. So sort that it takes more time to format the report than it should, if their dictation was decent. But.....the audio is absolutely horrible, along with their accents. I waste very little effort and blank the heck out of the report. Still, though, despite trying to restrain my effort, those reports still give very little in the way of lines for my time.

That's my big rant. I see myself on the way quickly to PM. Guess it will be stage 2 PM because I was just put on PM for quality for 2 bad reports despite audit scores of 100% for the last 6 minutes.

I really need to suck it up and get a job in a new line of work. I only have 2 classes left for a paralegal certificate, but I have discovered I hate the work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)