Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Finally taking the new career search seriously. - Scary but exciting, too. sm

Posted: Aug 7th, 2017 - 11:10 am In Reply to: Life after MT? - CuriousNV

The decision to leave MT has been in the back of my mind for a while, but Nuance's nonpayment of incentive pay was THE final push I needed. I'm thinking of working a part-time job for a few months, sort of a break but still needing income. Thinking Petco or Home Depot, something kind of physical. One tip: Talk to ANYONE you can about looking for a job or new career. Over time I have learned quite a lot about the working conditions and hiring & training processes at my 3 favorite grocery stores just by talking to cashiers; the receptionist at a retirement home a friend of mine lived at had my number and called recently to tell me about plans for the property to expand and to watch the company's website for job openings in the next year or two; a while ago a lady on the dog-walking trail gave me a tip about a part-time reception job at her city's senior center. Of course, this does not mean I would actually get any of those jobs, but point being that there are a lot of leads out there.
I also belong to multiple job-search sites just to see what is out there and what skills are needed now. Been MTing for 25 years and there is a lot of learning to do.
Good luck in your search. I really hope you find the perfect fit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Life after MT? - CuriousNV (Views: 978, 2017-08-06, 12:13 pm)
    • Life after MT - Yes there is (Views: 841, 2017-08-06, 4:41 pm)
      • Thank you! - CuriousNV (Views: 429, 2017-08-06, 6:16 pm)
    • Finally taking the new career search seriously. - Scary but exciting, too. sm
      • Great ideas - CuriousNV (Views: 404, 2017-08-07, 11:53 am)
        • Looking to - MT ANON (Views: 424, 2017-08-07, 11:58 am)
      • Leaving MT - No more (Views: 447, 2017-08-07, 12:04 pm)