Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Life after MT - Yes there is

Posted: Aug 6th, 2017 - 4:41 pm In Reply to: Life after MT? - CuriousNV

About a year and a half ago I found a PT job outside of my home and away from MT. I still was doing MT, but on a limited basis. It took me about a year to finally settle into something. I had 4 jobs in 6 months, all the while keeping my MT job, but again, it wasn't much.

It can be tough at first, but don't get discouraged. Even if you take a job for the sake of taking a job, but it isn't to your liking, just do it and keep looking. You have made a major step in getting out altogether, but it is not that easy to find something. There are other MT jobs out there and perhaps you could find a PT one and then go from there as well.

Best of luck. More MTs need to quit this profession. It has been destroyed and it is going to be gone sooner than we think or we are all just going to be editors which is horrible. What a lie that you can do twice a much for half the pay. Also there are very few employee positions, except with the devil companies. That is one reason I had to find another job, one that took out taxes. I hate this IC junk. It is a rip off.

Remember, don't be lazy, put yourself out there and don't be afraid, be brave and flexible! Very important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)