Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help

Are you talking about Nuance's...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Mar 31st, 2017 - 6:01 am In Reply to: Epic (EpicCare) and paste function - Alicat

EPIC? First question, are you working for an MTSO (service) as an employee or is this your own client as an IC? If an employee, you'd have to ask your employer if it is okay to do that. If you copy and paste, it will take you more time to complete each chart.

If this is your own client, I was in a similar situation; but my client used a program called EMRforMD, and there was no way I could count my lines from the completed note. So, I did all the day's dictation in a Word document, then copied and pasted into each section of the EMR--for instance, reason for visit, HPI, assessment and plan, etc. I could do a line count on each day's work with my Word documents for when I submitted my invoice.

When my client upgraded their EMRforMD, suddenly what I copied and pasted into it wasn't working. There would be 3 words on 1 line, then the rest of the line would wrap below it when I looked at how the final note would appear. I talked to the programs techs, and they couldn't figure out what was wrong either.

So what I did was take a month's worth of work done in Word, took that line count divided by the number of patients and came up with a per patient dollar figure. I let their office know what was happening and told them I'd have to start billing per patient and why I had to do this. They were just fine with this. This actually saves me time, so in effect, I am making more per hour for my work.

Let me know what your situation is and if my solution would work for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)