Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

Jeri - Obi Wan

Posted: Jul 7th, 2016 - 9:01 am In Reply to: No one will hire new MT - Jeri

There are several reasons for this trend. There are thousands of MTs with decades of experience in transcription looking for jobs due to voice recognition, off shoring and EHR programs. These transcriptionists need no training, they are already familiar with many of the platforms used, they know how to punctuate, and for the most part ready to hit the ground running. Currently it is an employer's market and they would much rather hire an MT that needs little to no training. I must also mention that the pay is very low, minimum wage for many. I know this is not the answer you had hoped for, but if you are determined, you might try a local doctor's office or clinic, if they do not have an EHR program they might hire and train you. My advice to you is to go back into nursing. If your reason for trying to get into the dead field of transcription is that you must work at home, you might try getting a job as an on call nurse for an insurance company, they usually work from home. Best of luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)