Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

ImedX - lines

Posted: Aug 7th, 2015 - 8:32 am In Reply to: New ImedX Line Counts Requirements - AutismMommy

First off, I do not work at ImedX. I am just going to give you some insight as to what happened to me at a different company. This very thing happened to me, as well. I was "bought" in a buy out to a different company. i had been working at a very small company with only a few ICs. The owner wanted to sell and she sold to a much larger entity. We were allowed to "negotiate" our rate of pay, which was just a bit higher than what the company advertised for new hires. It was okay.... for several years. Things changed that I did not like, but I dealt with them because I was still earning a fair wage. Then they started hiring more and more people, and the work began to dwindle more and more. Suddenly the account I had worked on with one other person all of this time (nearly 8 years) became fodder for every new MT they hired. My line counts dwindled, as well as my pay, but I still hung in there. QA was nonexistent. but suddenly they were saying I was making major critical errors and needed to comply. I held on through that too... then suddenly, I was not "according to them" making their required line counts per hour... but there was no way to do that when more and more people were being put on the account. There just was not enough work to go around. I remember one day when they emailed me about not making my line counts... saying if I did not, I would be fired. Their platform was set up so that the transcriptionists on the account could see how many jobs there were in queue and how many MTs were working on the account. Of course, I got scared, and stepped up my speed so that i would make count for that day. Obviously they saw this, and suddenly another MT was put on the account... one that had never worked it before... ever. THEY made it impossible for me to meet line count requirements. They wanted to fire me. This happened to one of my friends too, and instead of firing her, they gave her part time instead. There were never any benefits offered, so we did not lose anything that way, but we also had to renegotiate our pay rates. Mine dropped 2 cpl... hers 1 cpl. It may not seem like much, but it adds up in a year's time. I held on for as long as I could, found something else, and quit. I was happy to take a lower pay rate from someone else just to have the stress of what this company was obviously doing off of my shoulders.

I do believe that this is what ImedX is doing to you guys. They are trying to force you to quit, for whatever reason... and believe me, even with very expensive attorneys, the attorneys have been consulted before ramping up this new line count requirement for you all. They do fly just under the border between legal and illegal. They know perfectly well what they can get away with and what they cannot, or they would not do it... and their lawyers are bigger than any lawyer you can find to take your cases, which is minimal, believe me. A small time lawyer mostly will not take on something this huge because most corporate attorneys will eat them for breakfast, and have the funds to do it with.

Reading all of these things this company is doing to you guys makes me think back and re-feel all of the emotions that you all are feeling. I empathize with you all so much. I feel so bad! I wish you all luck, particularly with the lawsuit mentioned above. It will be in litigation forever, but I hope you all eventually get something out of it, and I would love to see this company be taken down, but they are big and they know what they are doing. Just take note, everything they are doing is "intentional." and it is a design to make all of you eventually leave... IC or employee... and move their work to someplace that affords them the best advantage.

again, good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)