Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I get this both ways**--and it is all a result of - someone, somewhere

Posted: Jun 30th, 2015 - 3:25 pm In Reply to: Does TTS seriously - sm

having sued and brought to light production pay issues and meeting minimum wage. These companies are keeping track of every minute to be able to verify that they pay minimum wage for each and every hour you work.

I don't think TTS particularly cares if you take breaks, just make sure you get off the system, so that it doesn't "count," particularly if you are close on the minimum wage thing, or their line count requirement. Broader scope, they have expectations as to work load and production and they think this guideline helps people meet that.

The other side of me says, yeah, they pay me production, if I want to make $10 an hour instead of $20 and take breaks and rest half the time, what's it to them? When they hire people to take up that work, I had better not complain though...

**amendment--
I think I was remembering the good ole days-more like $7.50 and $15 and

If you are working full-time and they are paying benefits, I suppose they have a "right" to having you work to your potential, to some degree. There is a moral line there for both company and employee, where that line is to be determined for each individual situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)