A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

viscous Xylocaine or Viscous Xylocaine - Hiya

Posted: Jan 23, 2010

On RXlist and other trusted websites, they have it as Xylocaine Viscous.  If it is dictated viscous xylocaine, is it viscous Xylocaine or would you cap the V or chang eto Xylocaine Viscous?   TIA

Brand Names: Xylocaine Viscous, Generic Name: lidocaine viscous - .

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

need clarification still sm - Hiya

[ In Reply To ..]
The operative word is "if" the doctor dictates "viscous Xylocaine," do you change the wording to "Xylocaine Viscous" or type it as "viscous Xylocaine" or "Viscous Xylocaine"? I have employer telling me it is "viscous Xylocaine" because viscous in this instance is an adjective and to leave as viscous Xylocaine. It just doesn't seem right to me. Please help if you can. TIA.

Whom do you mean by employer? The MTSO..sm - .

[ In Reply To ..]
the QA, the doctor, or the client?
Is this an account specific?

I would type it as

"Viscous Xylocaine," then everybody is happy!

I would agree with "viscous Xylocaine" (sm) - Mushroom

[ In Reply To ..]
in this case "viscous" IS an adjective, and if you've been told to type it that way, I say don't sweat the small stuff...
Wrong. "Viscous Xylocaine" is right, it is a BRAND name: "Xylocaine VISCOUS"...n - .
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Xylocaine Measurements
Jan 11, 2011

plastic surgeon dictating for breast aug. Which measurement is more, Xylocaine 0.5% with 1:400,000 epinephrine or Xylocaine 1% with 1:200,000 ?  I ask here only because he's not in today. any help with explaining it would be fantastic. tia ...

Xylocaine Prn S/l Staph coaliginase Prior To Domomer
May 03, 2011

This is dictated in the med list:  Xylocaine prn s/l staph coaliginase prior to domomer on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have no idea what this could mean.  He could be butchering staph coagulase in the first part, but I still have not idea how that fits in.  The second part seems like a dialysis schedule and the word sounds like it starts with a "d", but can't really hear dialysis. Any ideas?? ...

Dental Procedure....approximately 4 S/l Car-pu-uls" Of 2% Xylocaine With Epinephrine Administer
Nov 03, 2009

xx ...