A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

two expand or not - gabby

Posted: Sep 07, 2011

when given the weight is 243 pounds, down 3 pounds since May.  The down 3 pounds part, should it be three pounds or 3 pounds?

a number under 10 should be spelled out - eileensideways

[ In Reply To ..]
hope this helps

Unless, of course, the client wants it otherwise. - Check to see if they have a preference

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

BOS - Expand Q.d.?
Feb 25, 2014

In BOS it states to expand q.d. as well as q.h.s. and q6PM....but what about q.6 h.?  Does that get expanded to every 6 hours or is that one OK to use?? ...

Word Expand.
Mar 26, 2010

What word expander program do you use and why? Are they better then using the Autocorrect/Autotext that is already in Word? What are the benefits, etc?? ...

Do You Always Expand Headings?
Jul 22, 2012

Bear with me I'm new. Do you always expand headings even if the account specifics say verbatim? For example EXAM, PREOP DIAGNOSIS, POSTOP DIAGNOSIS. This is when no template is given. ...

Shorthand - How Do You Get It Not To Expand?
May 06, 2013

Using Shorthand abbreviation expander and short on manuals. How do you get it not to expand? Thanks! ...

How Do You Expand PPD In Regard To TB...its Given In The Diagnosis. Nm.
Dec 13, 2009

xx ...

Dr. Says Neuropsych Testing. .. Expand?
Mar 01, 2010

I would wonder about neuropsych testing. ...

Preop Patient In Assessment And Plan. How To Expand
Aug 13, 2012

The patient is planned for surgery.  The physician will come and "preop" him the day prior to surgery.  How would you expand that?  Thanks for any suggestions.  ...

Warning: Don't Expand BPH In The Diagnosis/impression, Leave As Is.
Mar 21, 2013

I got a style error minor deduction for this, because it could also refer to "benign prostatic hyperplasia."  I was actually aware of this terminology controversy in the medical community in terms of what the actual meaning is, but I've never once had "benign prostatic hyperplasia" dictated in over 18 years of MT, regardless (has anyone else?). However, I should somehow intuit that Nuance wants it done this way (though I've been expanding it for over 2 years now with never a corre ...

Instant Text - Expand Simply By Typing In The Abbreviation And Hitting The Space Bar?
May 03, 2013

Does anyone know how to expand simply by typing in the abreviation and hitting the space bar and then it will expand the abreviation? ...

Doc Dictates "mag Oxide". Do I Expand?
May 13, 2010

mag oxide ...

Should I Expand "K" To Potassium
Jul 13, 2011

The physician dictated "K supplement" and "Patient's K on test is 3.1". Should I expand "K" to potassium or transcribe verbatim? Thank you! ...