A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

trial components for knee replacement called s/l "lolly box" - jobel

Posted: Jun 11, 2012

After true tibial base plate cemented in, s/l trials then carried out with the "lolly bopx" or "Law lee .. box or vaults or ? "  Anybody?? Thanks!! (It's an Oxford.)

Could be lollipop - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

trial components for knee replacement called s/l "lolly box" - jobel

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess it could be a nickname for some sort of trial device. Funny. I sent it in. I'll let you know what comes back.

nm - Thanks. You were so right! It was lollipops. - jobel

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't google that anywhere. Oddly, google also gives out suckers when you ask for lollipops! :)

Similar Messages:

Zimmer IB II Knee Components
Nov 06, 2009

I'm having trouble figuring out which punctuation this needs, if any.  The Zimmer website says "IB/II" but I can't find any other source that uses a slash, the rest use a hyphen like "IB-II".  When in doubt, do we go with what the manufacturer uses?  Thanks. ...

Zimmer Knee Components IB/II Or I/B II
Feb 17, 2010

Dictated "Zimmer I B 2 knee components..." and it is a total knee replacement of patella, tibia and femur.  On the manufacturer website, I find both "IB/II" (patella) and "I/B II" (tibia).  I cannot find this in the BOS or any of the Stedman's books. Is there a standard format for this brand in orthopedics surgical reports?  Thanks so much for any guidance you can provide.  :-) ...

Zimmer IB/II Knee Components
Jan 06, 2011

I am doing a report on a knee arthroplasty using the Zimmer IB/II knee component and am having trouble with the language.  First, I would like to know if "Zimmer IB/II" is the correct way or should it be "Zimmer IB2"? Also, the next line goes as follows: "A *sag 64 tibia, 64 femur, 35 patella, and 12 mm-height tibial articular surface was used".  The word "sag" sounds like "sauje" but I cannot find how to spell it.  Does anyone know of a website to research this?  I have lo ...

Knee Replacement - Sm
Oct 16, 2009

Everytime he does an exam for someone after a knee replacement he says: "Range of motion is stable. (?) is intact.  The calf is supple and nontender." It sounds like (caution???).  I am sure that is not it, but that is the closest s/l. Thanks in advance if you have any ideas.  ...

PC2 Knee Replacement?
Jul 09, 2014

Doctors dictates what sounds like patient had a "unicondylar or a PC2 knee replacement."  Is PC2 correct?  Can't find any documentation of this.  Thanks!  ...

Knee Replacement
Nov 25, 2014

struggling with a clinic note regarding knee replacement. Knees are postive ---- in both, right is particularly bad. It is extremely loose.   missing word sounds like it starts with a 'd'.   ...

Knee Replacement Surgery????
Jan 10, 2011

I am wondering would it make sense to say "She had some tenderness with palpation "near the border" of the patella.  Or would it be better to type "She had some tenderness with palpation of the knee "above" the patella." I am not sure what I am hearing. Thanks. ...

PSE Poly. Total Knee Replacement. Does
Mar 29, 2011

what the correct expanded form of this would be?  It is a TKR.  I think PS might be posterior stabilized, but I am stumped with the rest.  Check on Google, went to Biomet Vanguard site.  No help.  TIA ...

Patient Had Failure Of The Left Knee Replacement.
Feb 13, 2011

On 01/07/11, the knee was removed, resection of heterotopic bone, **excision of prior surgical scar** and insertion of an antibiotic spacer block was performed.  Questioning excision of prior surgical scar.  Does this make sense?  Thanks  :) ...

S/l "Lyovac" Drain Used In Knee Replacement?
Jan 19, 2010

See above. Can't find anything even close anywhere. ...

Knee Replacement Word - "anioplast"
Jan 14, 2011

Dr. mumbles a bit here, but is talking about results of an x-ray where the "anioplasts" appear well fixed on x-ray. Any ideas? Help appreciated! ...

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

CSF Fluid Components And Meningitis
Aug 04, 2010

Someone's got encephalitis! And my Asian doctor is trying to dictate various components to the CSF, which I cannot understand to save my life.  It sounds like she might be saying C3, C4, possibly CH50 (I googled this but don't know if it's right). If anyone has expertise in this area or a good site to recommend where I can find out about CSF and what's in it, please let me know. Please please please. ...

X-rays Of Hip - All Components Are Well Seeded (or Seated)?
Aug 16, 2011

x ...

S/l Ac-knee-ik /hi-pok-knee-ik, Full Sentence In Sm, TIA!
Nov 14, 2011

Frequent ackneic-hypokneic episodes were recorded as were epileptiform potentials. ...

Trial For RSD
Dec 02, 2010

.... she move forward with any type of ketamine protocol or s/l table trial for RSD .....   Thank you ...

Clinical Trial ARM (or Should It Be Arm Or Arm)? Not Sure
Nov 13, 2009

NM ...

S/l Trial Of Wine
Nov 21, 2009

this is re: a tremor, action, essential   the doc clearly says wine..   A trial of wine has been somewhat, but incompletely, helpful.  ...

Anyone Else Doing The Smartype 30-day Trial?
Jan 25, 2012

It does not look like my original Smartype.  There is only a suggestion box and no Smartline like I am used to, but I have adjusted the suggestion box and it's better.  I am getting used to it.  I like how fast it is. The vocabulary seems bigger, especially the phrases.  I'm going to spend some time importing my old ST entries this afternoon.  Overall I really like it and will likely purchase it with the current special. At least I can stop worrying about w ...

Knee Complaints S/l "back Knee" And Buckle
Dec 03, 2009

doc says pt complaining of knee wanting to s/l "back knee" and buckle.  ...

Clinical Trial: S/l TAC And I60 Or Taconide 60.
Aug 02, 2011

Pt with metastatic nonseminomatous germ cell tumor of the testicle.  Undergoing clinical trial with s/l TAC and I60 or taconide 60.  ...

Anaplastic Astrocyoma Trial S/l Cat A Non.
Apr 24, 2012

Pt with WHO grade III anaplastic astrocytoma.  Current protocols, which are not open here but are going on nationwide, include CODEL and s/l "cat a non" trials testing adjuvant and concurrent chemotherapy in the form of temozolomide as a primary research question. ...

Patient With Urinary Incontinence. Will Trial S/l Doc-za-sa-sin.
Nov 06, 2009

TIA. ...

Where Can I Download A Free Trial Of A Wav Player?
Jul 20, 2010

Where can I download a free trial of a wav player?  Thanks! ...

Chemo/clinical Trial Drug
Jun 20, 2011

Help!  The doctor is saying... a clinical trial of possibly Vidaza plus "verunastat" - I cannot seem to find anything for the second drug anywhere.  This is for AML.  Anyone come across that before? Any input is helpful!  Thanks. ...

Free Trial For Medical Spellchecker?
Apr 30, 2013

Does anyone know of a free online trial medical spellchecker I can try? What is the best medical spellchecker (without breaking bank)? I need one for work but have no idea what one to go with.  Input appreciated. ...

Downloading The Free 30-day Trial Of Instant Text
Jan 09, 2012

I am downloading the free 30-day trial of Instant Text.  I thought that you could pay so much per year to use Instant Text, but the only thing I see for paying said $189 to buy it.  Maybe I am mistaken, and it was another expander I'm thinking of.  Anybody know?  TIA :) ...

S/l Polyne Replacement
Mar 24, 2010

The patient is not quite 3 months postoperative revision of the S/L polyne replacement on his right knee.   tia. that is the only sentence to give the s/l. There is no other information I can give throughout the dictation to help. sorry. ...

Ortho/Hip Replacement
Jun 17, 2011

Revision hip replacement.  Doc states pt has a s/l Salzer medical center pulse natural hip...?  Any clues?  ...

Hip Replacement Question
Jul 07, 2011

We decided that the "plus 8" hip ball would be appropriate.  Would that be transcribed +8 or plus 8 hip ball?  ...