A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

transverse vs. traverse - pk

Posted: Jan 22, 2010

ESL, of course.  Here's what he's doing:

1.  Right lower extremity selective angiogram via left common femoral artery access.
2.  Attempted " transversion or traversion " of the right peroneal and the right anterior tibial artery occlusion.
3.  Left common femoral artery StarClose deployment.

Is he transversing the artery or traversing the artery?  TIA!

Actually I would say traversing. Is traversion a word? - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
Traverse: To travel across, over, or through.

traversion...sm - flybye

[ In Reply To ..]
he is attempting to traverse (go through) an occlusion in an artery; sounds like perhaps it was not successful (meaning the artery was too blocked to allow passage of his instrument/s)

I think "traversing" see the website below - MTtoday

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.evtoday.com/PDFarticles/0209/EVT0209_05.pdf

and find the following sentence:

support catheters were used to traverse the occlusion

Similar Messages:

Transverse Vs Traverse
Jan 22, 2010

Trying to decide between transverse and traverse in this sentence. The brachial plexus was explored through a ______ supraclavicular incision in the standard manner. ...

Transverse Vaginal Septum Resection Perineal ?
Feb 28, 2013

Can anyone help me with this word? The procedure says: "Transverse vaginal septum resection perineal ___." s/l roth-e-um Maybe she could be saying perineum ___? Thanks. ...

GI: Similarly To The Previously Identified S/l Spot Formula Area On The Transverse Colon, They Proce
Oct 12, 2009

GI.  ...

Colonoscopy Showing Active Colitis Along With A Transverse Descending Sigmoid And Rectum Biopsies Of
Oct 22, 2011

nm ...

Ankle MRI - S/l "TRAVERSE-IN TENDONS"
Nov 16, 2009

nm ...

S/l C1-2 Transverse "alino" Ligament Disruption - Sm
Dec 05, 2012

Cannot verify the word in quotes; he used it in pre and postop diagnoses and in the body of the report; however, I looked at the consult and this word is not used at all.  Any help would be appreciated! ...

Infant In Transverse "lie", "but" Or Butt" Down Presentation.
Jun 20, 2010

if it was buttck down, would he not say that? And is lie correct? ...