A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l t-leg gram - daisy

Posted: Nov 05, 2009

taking x-ray for leg length discrepancy and sounds like "standing T-leg __gram"

x-ray - babs

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never actually found the correct spelling for this term. It's either teleogram or teliogram. I can't find it in any reference book but it is one of those.

what is the "T-leg" part? - daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
is there such a thing as a T-leg xray?

I believe it's short for "teleoroentgenogram"...nm - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]

Yes, I believe you are correct once again Elaine :) nm - babs

[ In Reply To ..]
`

it was your "teleo" thing that sent me in the right direction...nm : ) - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]

x-ray sm - babs

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never heard of a T-leg x-ray. The doctor is probably just saying it so fast it sounds that way.

I did find this. Apparently it is spelled teleogram. This must be a different type of x-ray on the same order.

a full-length standing AP computed radiograph (teleoroentgenogram) is a more comprehensive assessment technique, with similar costs at less radiation exposure. We recommend use of a CT scanogram, especially the lateral scout view in patients with flexion deformities at the knee. Newer modalities such as MRI are promising but need further investigation before being routinely employed for assessment of LLD.

Similar Messages:

Is There Such Thing As An Eye Gram?
Jan 26, 2011

....his eye gram reveals flat optic disks.... ...

Unsure If NEGRAM Or Any GRAM
Feb 23, 2010

doc states: pt reports photosensitivity when taking s/l NEGRAM or any GRAM. not sure if she is saying NEGRAM or any GRAM.     ...

Gram Negative Bacilli
May 04, 2011

When used within a sentence, should gram negative be hypenated?  Also should gram be capitalized?    Please help! ...

Daily Snot-o-gram: Does Your TSM Send These?
Dec 10, 2014

Mine does.  I can count on at least one but usually more in my in-box every day when I log into my Nuance e-mail account.  I have figured out that these aren't addressed to me personally but they look like they are as the names and e-mail addys of the members of the TSM's group seem to be hidden.  How classy.  How motivating! ...

Lactose-fermenting Gram-negative Rods???
Dec 22, 2010

I swear this is what he's saying, but I never heard of such a thing.  ...

Any Ideas - 1 Gram TEA Instilled In Knee (arthroscopy)
Mar 24, 2015

Any help is very, very much appreciated. ...

Drug S/l Be-thox-i-med-i-zone 60 Gram Tube, 0.25% Cream
Jan 25, 2011

x ...

"rothampin" Antibiotic For Anaerobic Gram Variable
Dec 26, 2009

nm ...

Negative Finkelstein's. Negative "CMC Gram." Not Sure On This, Anyone?? TIA!
Dec 02, 2014

nm ...