A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l sub-5, is ulcer to 5th digit - Rae

Posted: Feb 15, 2011

I am on a report where the dictator keeps saying what sounds like sub-5.  He is very clearly talking about an ulceration on the fifth toe.  I've not heard this term before, maybe it is being shortened.  How do I transcribe this?  Please help if you can.  I've googled this and can't verify it.  Thank you.

Doc is probably...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
just referring to the bottom part of the fifth toe. Sub means under or below. I would dictate it as sub-5 or sub fifth.

Thank you so much - Rae

[ In Reply To ..]
I really appreciate your help. I had not heard of this before and am very happy you both took the time to try to help me out. Thank you again.

You're welcome...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
You could also dictate it as ICManiac mentioned---sub-5 or sub 5th. I spelled it out simply because I have one account that insists we do. : )
Sorry, meant transcribe...long day : ) - GT
[ In Reply To ..]
`

Similar Messages:

Is It Venous Stasis Ulcer Or Venostasis Ulcer? TIA Nm
Nov 15, 2009

xx ...

Fired For Input Of Single Wrong Digit.
Oct 11, 2012

The system I worked on required me to input the identity of the dictating physician as a number, not a name. I missed a digit, inputting a 6 instead of a 9 as one of the 3 digits. This caused the report [an operative report, in the body of which the dictator/surgeon's name is spelled out] to be sent to the wrong physician for signature. I am told I am now in violation of HIPAA and I am fired from the account. Since it is my only account, I am fired, period. Ah well. ...

Decubitus Ulcer
Sep 28, 2010

Past Medical History: The patient was treated for a (cycle?) decubitus ulcer, stage 2-3. It sounds like cycle, but google isn't showing anything for cycle decubitus ulcer. Please help! ...

Rubbing (?) Ulcer
Feb 28, 2013

heavy esl:   s/l rubbing ulcer, great toe. I can't find anything trying to google this.. ...

S/l Decubiti Ulcer? Is That A Word? Nm
Dec 19, 2009

nm ...

Perforated Duodenal Ulcer
Jun 02, 2010

an idial fumentum was then brought down over the closure. ...

Charcot Foot/ulcer
Nov 02, 2010

Would these things be two separate diagnoses?   Diabetic foot ulcer. Charcot foot, left, with diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Procedure was:  Excisional debridement, full-thickness skin and subcutaneous tissue, left midfoot diabetic foot ulcer. ...

Duodenal S/l Sleep Ulcer
May 16, 2012

This is dictated several times. I cannot find anything for "sleep ulcer" or "sweep ulcer." Any ideas please? Thank you! ...

Drug Help - S/l Pro-ban-sene. Hx Of Peptic Ulcer,
Aug 17, 2010

fibromyalgia, back problems, colitis, celiac disease and breast cancer.  Thanks!! ...

Surgery For Perforated Gastric Ulcer
Jun 17, 2011

In a verbatim account a doctor is saying "...operation for exploratory laparotomy and perforated gastric "ulcerectomy".   Any suggestions?  I cannot find an exact match for ulcerectomy...  ...

Ulcer Debrided In A Demyelinating Manner?
Apr 10, 2012

It actually sounds more like "ulcer debrided in a s/l dermolating manner," but I have no idea.  This doc often slurs, mixes words and makes up words, so I'm clueless here.  This is for a wound care doc in an ortho clinic. Does demyelinating manner make any sense?  Thanks!! ...

Word Diabetic Foot Ulcer
Oct 12, 2013

I am looking for help with a word -- s/l diabetic heel ulceration with "esclarification" anyone? ...

What A Day...Patient With Sacral Ulcer Excised, Doc Applied Sm
May 16, 2012

s/l clear dural dressing.  Dural has me stumped!!! ...

Sounds Like Charki Boot For Foot Ulcer
Dec 02, 2013

x ...

He Is Receiving S/l Maxer Of Silver To The Left Heel Ulcer.....
Sep 22, 2010

n/m ...

A S/l "leave In" Patch For BKA Ulcer?
Dec 17, 2010

Thanks! ...