A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l "loly poly" - matty

Posted: Jan 13, 2010

A:            Spiral fracture of the right distal fibula, nondisplaced and stable.

P:            We discussed his fracture needs to be strictly non weightbearing.  We then placed him in a long appropriately sized cast boot with Velcro straps.  He was then placed in a wheelchair and transferred out to his vehicle.  His wife was driving him home.  We also dispensed a prescription for a s/l "loly poly"...... 

Pretty sure is not roly poly.

Thanks!

What word comes after the s/l? - MTMom

[ In Reply To ..]
It will help figure out the s/l, like is it a type of equipment, a Rx, or what.

re: s/l roly poly - matty

[ In Reply To ..]
We discussed his fracture needs to be strictly non weightbearing. We then placed him in a long appropriately sized cast boot with Velcro straps. He was then placed in a wheelchair and transferred out to his vehicle. His wife was driving him home. We also dispensed a prescription for a テャテつ「テδッテつソテつステδッテつソテつスlowly poleyテャテつ「テδッテつソテつステδッテつソテつス. Due to his fall he has some pain in the upper back and shoulders as well and this would be much easier than attempting to use his crutches. If he does use crutches he is to use two. We also recommended he keep his foot up and elevated.

An idea - MTMom

[ In Reply To ..]
"Stop using crutches and discover what a knee walker or Rolleraid can do for you to help you heal faster and make you more mobile."

I think the dictator is talking about a knee walker, as an alternative to crutches. Check medical supply companies. I found this one above, but it's the closest I could find. Check Google and maybe you'll find another brand name.

I think Dr means some kind of "pulley"...nm - fibula

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

S/l Poly Nebrius Aspirated.
Feb 04, 2010

This is talking about a patient who has a tracheostomy tube.  Doc says "Suction was easy with limited amout of s/l poly nebrius aspirated. ...

Oncology..poly/CEA-positive...
Apr 14, 2011

The doc is dictating results of a liver biopsy and says that it showed:  CK7-positive, CK19-positive, s/l poly/CEA-positive, TTF-1-negative, malignant cells compatible with cholangiocarcinoma.   TIA ...

PSE Poly. Total Knee Replacement. Does
Mar 29, 2011

what the correct expanded form of this would be?  It is a TKR.  I think PS might be posterior stabilized, but I am stumped with the rest.  Check on Google, went to Biomet Vanguard site.  No help.  TIA ...

We Will Plan To Use **RegeneRx** Cup, Ceramic And E-poly
May 18, 2011

I see both RegeneRx and Regenerex.   Thanks  ...