A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l Ovolinqual sponge, opthalmology/scleral buckle - diayag

Posted: Aug 07, 2013

Mushmouth eye doc says 3 x 5 s/l Ovolinqual sponge.  Can find nothing vaguely resembling; any ideas for next time?

It's a stretch from the s/l, but "polyvinyl alcohol sponge"? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

maybe oval silicone - DK

[ In Reply To ..]
They make both oval and round scleral buckle sponges.

Similar Messages:

Opthalmology Surgery Question..
Jun 27, 2011

The previously recessed right medial rectus muscle was approached through a s/l "limbal" conjunctival incision and recessed an additional 1-2 mm leaving it 8-9 mm from the limbus using a double-armed 6-0 Vicryl suture in a cross-swords  s/l "fon-per-kay" method.    ...

Opthalmology - Paraport Knife??
Oct 20, 2011

S/l paraports were created and also using a paraport knife. It's a cataract op note. Thank you! ...

Black Sponge Used In I&D
Jul 23, 2011

Anyone ever typed a black sponge in surgery?  I listened for "lap" and "lac" but I really hear "black."   Context:  "We took another rim of skin about a centimeter wider inferiorly until it bled well, as well.  This was controlled with electrocautery.  The area was then pulse-irrigated.  A medium size black sponge was placed over top of this.  The more tangential excision was covered with a wound VAC, sponge that had been tangentially shaven in half, and the entire area activated after ...

Clorox *---* Sponge
May 12, 2013

The right hand and forearm were prescrubbed with a Clorox **** sponge and then prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion. ...

S/l Sponge Tick
May 21, 2015

The hernia was reduced back into the abdomen with the help of a sponge s/l tick.   ...

Positioning Sponge Breast Surgery
Nov 01, 2009

The patient had some ___ sponge for positioning and light pressure. She was placed in a surgical bra.  s/l reston, restilon, ressalon.. . think it begins with an R but not sure.  This is breast reconstructive surgery.  ...

Sponge, Lap, Needle, Instrument Count
Oct 15, 2010

What does "lap" stand for?  Thanks. ...

Cotta Or Cottle Wound Vac Sponge?
Jun 08, 2015

And is that wound-VAC or wound-vac. Thanks.  Nothing online or in surgical reference. ...

"Buckle" Deformity Of Distal Fibula? Nm
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

You Know Those Little Black Sponge Pads That Go Over The Round Type Headsets??.....
Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know where to get GOOD quality ones?  I've been suckered TWICE by buying them online---they are these little thin things that break every single time before I can get them over the ear piece.   The only ones I've found so far that are good are the ones that come with the headset, but I don't want to buy a new headset every time I just need new pads.  I'd be so appreciative for advice on where to get good quality ones.  TIA!!!  ...

Opthalmology - FAZ "MAYZEY"?
Oct 23, 2011

I need help, please, with this word? There is one permanent microaneurysm, which is right on the edge of the FAZ (sounds like "MAYZEY"), which did not show significant leakage on the angiogram. Thanks so much! Tweety ...

Knee Complaints S/l "back Knee" And Buckle
Dec 03, 2009

doc says pt complaining of knee wanting to s/l "back knee" and buckle.  ...

How Would You Write "half By 3" Sponge Pls
Nov 05, 2014

Spinal surgery "I then passed a half by 3 sponge proximally and did and inferior laminectomy" ...