A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"phoresed" platelet transfusion?? - hazelbrigz

Posted: Feb 17, 2010

I know that he's using slang but he is using it in the diagnosis, i.e., "pancytopenia s/p blood transfusion and "phoresed" platelet transfusion."  Is this acceptable?  If so, where?  Thanks!

pheresed - should be

[ In Reply To ..]
pheresed platelets

Not sure what you mean by "where"

Google pheresed platelets

Similar Messages:

Platelet Count Cannot Be Reported Due To Platelet S/l Crumbs
Nov 01, 2010

Platelet count cannot be reported due to platelet s/l crumbs seen on peripheral blood smear. ...

Transfusion Extra? Negative
Jul 06, 2014

Dr. just dictated OBGYN history and then says transfusion s/l extra negative then goes on to dictate medications heading. What could that be and is it part of the OBGYN or is transfusion a new heading? Thanks! ...

Patient Anemic....did Not Require S/l Oral Transfusion?
Apr 09, 2010

I know I learn something every day in this business, but I've never heard of this.  She's very, very clear, but I'd like to know for sure before I QA.  Thanks!  For context, this is the complete statement: She was found to have a hemoglobin as low as 7.8 and was sent to the emergency room.  This did not require an s/l oral transfusion.   ...

Labs, Platelet Count, Pls S/m
Sep 29, 2011

I just got a note from QA for a hospital I transcribe for (didn't even know we had QA!) that I have been transcribing platelets incorrectly. D:  Hemoglobin 14, hematocrit 39, platelet count 200, WBC 2000,... etc., T:  Hemoglobin 14, hematocrit 39, platelet count 200, WBC 2000, Corrected:  T:  Hemoglobin 14, hematocrit 39, platelet count 200,000, WBC 2000... I've been transcribing this way for 15 years, will do whatever the account wants but I've looked ...

*bases* Hemoglobin 9.5, White Count 8.1, Platelet Count 208,000
Nov 08, 2012

On admission *bases* hemoglobin 9.5, white count 8.1, platelet count 208,000, and normal BUN and creatinine. Does this make sense? Should it be basis? This is under Laboratory Data for a Discharge Summary. ...