A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

fundal height - Jami

Posted: Oct 27, 2011

Dr is saying fundal height "U above 1". Anyone know if this would be a correct measurement?

Yes - Just passing through

[ In Reply To ..]

Here is an explanation I found:

"Document fundal height.

Evaluate from the umbilicus using fingerbreadths.

This is recorded as 2 fingers below the umbilicus (U/2), one finger above the umbilicus (1/U), and so forth."

Thanks! - Jami

[ In Reply To ..]
thank you:)

Similar Messages:

Height
Oct 25, 2009

Which of these sentences is correct?  The patient is a frail, 5 feet 5 inches female.  The patient is a frail, 5 feet 5 inch female.    ...

Proper Height
Jul 16, 2010

What is the current proper form for height when the doc says "height five-five?"  I am so paranoid about everything now with MQ. ...

Height Measurement
Jan 21, 2014

What if they don't dictated "feet" or "inches", just 5 9? ...

Does Anyone Know Current BOS Rule For Height?
Oct 22, 2011

I know the 2nd edition says no comma between 5 feet 5 inches, for example. Does anyone have the current BOS edition and knows if this is still the same? ...

Self-reported Height And Weight WERE 5 Feet 5 Inches And 125 Pounds
Apr 18, 2014

1)  Self-reported height and weight WERE 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds OR 2)  Self-reported height and weight WAS 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds. The doc always dictates #2.   ...

When Height Is Dictated As "six One"...
Jul 21, 2010

...what is the best way to transcribe?  Would it be "6 feet one inch"? or 6' 1" ? (BTW, I'm on a verbatim account).  Thanks!     ...