A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Worrying imbalance - Mouse

Posted: Dec 04, 2009

Can anyone help?  This school is going to be the death of me.  Transcribing Neurological H&P.  Under Assessment/Plan, "This is a patient with worrying imbalance.  She did have a normal imaging before, but I did not get an MRI."  I can't find "worrying imbalance" anywhere!  This report speaks of a 54 year-old-woman who "complains of swaying when she is standing or even sitting for long periods."  It had sounded to me as if the Dr. had said whirling imbalance.  What is worrying imbalance?

It is whirling imbalance - lindawordlady

[ In Reply To ..]
whirling like becoming off-center, dizzy, and imbalance basically means the same thing. Neurological

Maybe 'worrisome imbalance' - used wrong word

[ In Reply To ..]
As in... she has an imbalance that is worrisome to him (has him worried).

I would think if he meant whirling, he would have noted dizziness or room spinning which is more like whirling, but he just noted swaying.

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, but the answer key says "This is a patient with worrying imbalance." I can find "worrying imbalance" to verify that term. Can anyone help me find a site to verify "worrying imbalance"?

Not an actual medical "term" - condition or diagnosis

[ In Reply To ..]
So you know he is actually saying "worrying imbalance," the answer key tells you that.
This is not a term or condition or diagnosis you are going to find in a dictionary or word list.
I think he is indeed talking about an imbalance that worries him - a worrying imbalance.
It would be like saying 'she has a concerning cough' or 'he heard an interesting story.' The patient has an imbalance that is worrying.
That's how I interepret it.
what is the imbalance worrying about? - still the wrong word
[ In Reply To ..]
Then the doctor has used the wrong word. It should be worrisome, not worrying. "Worrying imbalance" means the imbalance is worrying about something. Like a burning bush, or a wailing wall, or a nagging mother.

No reflection on the MT when the doctor does this, but no fun to figure out if you should change it, leave it, or if it is a trick question.

It could be worrying, like having worrying symptoms, cough, etc. - ht

[ In Reply To ..]
Just stating that the imbalance is a problem that worries them.

Worrying imbalance in correct - just finished - that chapter myself

[ In Reply To ..]
you heard it correctly as 'worrying imbalance'.

*is correct* - that chapter myself

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Did the school give you any answer as to WHAT worrying imbalance is? I just get the run around. I cannot get it verified.

Similar Messages:

Do You Spend 80% Of Your Life Worrying About Your Bad Job
Jun 13, 2015

It just seems to me that many MTs spend the majority of their lives worrying about the next bad thing that their employer is going to do to them. No solution. It just occurred to me that a lot of lives are gettng wasted hour by hour because of employer abuse or perceived employer abuse. Your choice. ...

Should I Be Worrying So Much Or Do I Need To Work Harder? Re: Practicum
Aug 11, 2012

I am so glad I found a place to ask this question and hopefully get some feedback from experienced MTs. Any input or advice is welcome and appreciated. I finally commenced my practicum on Wednesday and I have completed 5 transcriptions so far (I work p/t so have been fitting them in around those hours).  The average score I have been getting back has been in the low 90's percentage-wise. Is this something to be concerned about? I know the industry standard is 98% and I do tend to ...

Leap Of Faith - After Years Of Worrying And Struggling
Nov 23, 2010

After years of worrying and struggling to make ends meet working here and part time at a 24 hour store, I've decided to take my daughter's advice and move.  I applied for jobs in San Antonio and found an actual transcription job IN A HOSPITAL!  I'll be making a better than decent salary and will be getting actual benefits!  I'll be moving in with my daughter and her BF for a while, but we'll be house hunting soon as my place is sold.  I will also have the time now ...

S/l "wearing" Imbalance
Mar 24, 2010

s/l "wearing" imbalance ...