A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Two OB/GYN terms (abbreviations) unfamiliar with - tricki

Posted: Oct 10, 2010

Haven't done enough of these complicated OB reports I guess.  Doc says patient had what sounds like "COREO" (in which she lost the baby) and something that sounds like "TOCOS" in relation to some cervical irritability.  Can't find anything to verify either.  Any suggestions?

Could one be "incompetent" cervix and the second be....sm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
tocolysis (sometimes the OBs abbreviate with "toco" which is medication to stop labor?? Hope to be of some help!

OB/GYN terms - just want to work

[ In Reply To ..]
coreo could be chorioamnionitis and tocos could be tocolysis, like the other person suggested.

Similar Messages:

Unfamiliar Client - Where Is My BOB?
Feb 08, 2010

Okay, I got an e-mail from my manager saying we have a huge backlog.  However, when I download a document I get a client that I have never heard of before and cannot understand and cannot download a client profile. I'm in SA 4.  Anyone else having trouble? ...

Unfamiliar Term
Feb 16, 2011

Anybody ever hear of a term "pacemaker-mirrored tachycardia?"  The pateint is in for a malfunctioning pacemaker. ...

Unfamiliar Decompression
Nov 04, 2013

The patient was supposed to get "a left carpal tunnel decompression, a left cubital tunnel decompression, and a decompression of the *canalicion*  It sounds like canal-icky-on.  The procedure changed, so I don't have anything else to go off to figure this out.   ...

Unfamiliar Diabetic Term
Apr 21, 2011

In the diagnosis section of the consultation report, the doctor dictates: "Uncontrolled hyperglycemia/HH and K." My first thought would be hemoglobin and hematocrit and potassium, but he doesn't give me enough information in the rest of the report to be certain of this.  The only values he gives are a blood sugar of 730 and a hemoglobin of 14.7.  Any thoughts on this? ...

Terms
Jul 16, 2010

X-rays shows questioning loosening of s/l acetoid process in the left. Broken s/l schakloz wires. The doc is examining the patient's hips. Any help much apreciated. Thank you!   ...

EKG Terms
Dec 16, 2010

Does anyone have a good site for EKG terms.  I have this physician using terms I have never heard before like what sounds like "white count fixed ectopy" and maybe my brain is just tired (like that is anything new :0) but for the life of me I cannot figure out what he is saying.  I HATE to leave blanks so any help would be much appreciated at this wonderful hour of the night ( 12 am here) Thanks!! ...

X-ray Terms
Apr 18, 2011

Is it 3 view x-ray or a three-view x-ray or does it matter? thanks in advance! ...

Help - EKG Terms
Nov 26, 2012

I have 2 blanks not able to understand.  The first one sounds like oil or soil and the second one sounds like towish (tow like towel) maybe tawlish.  A 12-lead EKG showed a slightly sinus _____ pattern in the 1 and _____ P wave in lead 2, so I cannot rule out the possibility of borderline atrial enlargement. TIA ...

Can Anyone Help Me With These Terms
Mar 02, 2015

I am not a medical transcriptionist.  I usually do general transcription.  I have a doctor speaking, using some terminology I cannot find.  May I give you a phonetic description of what I think he is saying?  If anyone recognizes this, could you please give me some suggestions on what you think he is saying. I'm hearing "brocoderal species" that causes "glanders amyloidosis".  Does this ring any bells for anyone?   ...

Help With Ophthalmology Terms
Jun 18, 2010

Need some help with these terms that are some type of eye surgery.  They are mentioned in the past medical history. Resident dictates what sounds like "rule-op-sis" to the right eye (spells this rulptoss, which I am sure doesn't spell anything!) and "lul-pop-tosis" to the left eye (spells this lulptosos, which also doesn't spell anything!).  I would greatly appreciate any ideas you have! I am on my last nerve with these students, residents, foreign doctors, etc., being ...

Transcription Terms
Oct 14, 2010

The sentence "Hemodialysis was done on that day, and one liter of fluid was removed"  is one liter  correct or is it 1L or 1 liter???? ...

Terms In EP Report
Mar 12, 2012

Anyone familiar with these terms, can't even hear him well enough to get a s/l    The P onset ________ was 0, the P onset *DVJ or AVJ* was 13.     TIA!    ...

Missing Terms
Oct 03, 2012

Hi, I want to say thanks for trying to help me. There is subluxation of the right thumb with limitation of motion include 4/5 apposition. There is considerable weakness of the right hand when compare to the left. There is decrease in the right radial reflex. The subluxation is probably secondary to the absence of ______ _____ of original fixation. Loose component, total joint replacement, right metacarpal joint. Hi, I want to say thanks for trying to help me. I am struggling to figure ...

Dental Terms
Jan 21, 2014

In a dispute with supv'r over spelling of some dental words.  Can anyone verify and give source especially for: prophy vs. phrophy paste. enameloplasty vs. enamelplasty.   There was one more, but I cannot remember right now.  Thanks!   ...

Lab Abbreviations
Jul 13, 2010

ELISA, ESR, FiO2, PKU Other than in diagnoses and impressions, should any of these abbreviations be expanded? Thank you. ...

Need Help With Two Abbreviations.
Nov 13, 2010

I am doing two reports of tissue examination and at the end of the Gross description, on one report he says RPE three blocks and on the other report he says ET two blocks. I am trying to figure out what the RPE and the ET means. Thanks for your help. ...

RX Abbreviations
May 19, 2015

Is it appropriate to use BID, PRN, etc., instead of b.i.d. and p.r.n.? ...

DSG In Terms Of Their Work Flow
Feb 09, 2010

I am curious as to how people who work for DSG feel about DSG in terms of their work flow and if you have enough work to fill a 40-hour week.  If you prefer private e-mail, that's fine.  Not looking for either slamming or touting the company, but I do want OBJECTIVE information, which would include if you run out of work consistently or, conversely, if you have plenty of work to keep you going 40 hrs a week.  Just the facts please.  "I run out of work all the time," "I have plenty of ...

Anatomical And Directional Terms
Aug 05, 2010

Can you combine any two anatomical or directional terms, just because they are dictated adjacent to each other? ...

Where Do I Send The Reqs To Fix ASR Terms
Jul 10, 2012

tired of fixing wrong terms that look right..starting my list again..Dont know why I bother they send them to India who screws them up and its just a cycle...I like to bang my head against the wall too!!! ...

Question Regarding Abbreviations....
Jan 10, 2010

I know that we are to expand abbreviations within diagnoses sections. However, what about things like this:  Pulmonary embolism.  The patient was started on IV heparin.  Do we expand the "IV" also?  Thanks. ...

Abbreviations In Diagnosis
Jan 25, 2010

When did this become okay?  I got called on my last QA that spelling out CVA or MI in the diagnosis is a no-no.  ...

Dangerous Abbreviations
Jul 27, 2010

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could get a list of the "dangerous abbreviations" in transcription.  I was at a doctor's office one day and saw a sign on their wall that said something about dangerous abbreviations and something about things that transcriptionists should not type...but I left thinking that it would be something easy to find but have found no information on that at all.  Thanks so much for your help! ...

Dangerous Abbreviations.......
Aug 27, 2010

I don't use dangerous abbreviations and I never abbreviate in the diagnosis and QA has been changing my reports to abbreviations in the diagnosis and changing words and adding the dangerous abbreviations. Does any else do this, not abbreviate etc? ...

Cardiology Abbreviations...
Nov 16, 2010

I'm having trouble with a few cardiology abbreviations that this dr. is throwing out.  "Card (which I'm assuming she's abbreviating for cardiology) - AVR, conduction disorder - s/l RABBB or maybe just RBBB - followed by cardiology."   ...

Abbreviations In AAMT BOS
Nov 23, 2010

HELP PLEASE!  In typing abbreviations on my account specs, it says following AAMT BOS, but the problem I am having is letters.  They are using abbreviations that I should be expanded as it is a letter, (ex. MCP).  I have read to expand these, but for the life of me I cannot find it in AAMT BOS... Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

Ortho Abbreviations
Jul 12, 2011

The patient is in for preoperative evaluation for s/l SAD DDCE?  I know that SAD means shoulder arthroscopic debridement but can't find what DDCE might mean.  That is the only sentence, so I have no other context to refer to.  Thx. ...

BOS And Dangerous Abbreviations
Jan 30, 2012

Do the BOS and dangerous abbreviation rules apply to office dictation that is outside the hospital setting (i.e.  private practice offices).  Thanks. ...

Cardiology Abbreviations
Mar 30, 2012

I'm doing a cardiology report.  Can anyone tell me what CLVH and IVF mean? ...

Abbreviations For Immunizations-sm
Apr 13, 2012

Is it okay to transcribe abbreviations for immunizations?  Or should they be spelled out?  Thank you. ...