A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Rheumatic fever - please sm

Posted: Dec 20, 2011

Doctor says positive for rheumatic fever as a child under review of systems.  Need some input what system to put this under.  There is no inflammatory review of system option.  Musculoskeltal, Hemo, Endocrine, Pulmonary, Cardio is the options.  Thanks for any help.  

Is this totally verbatim, or can you change the order? - catladynotcrazy

[ In Reply To ..]
Childhood history really belongs under past medical history anyway. It's not a review of systems item, because it's not a current symptom. If you had to put it in that section as something that affected a certain system at some time, rheumatic fever affects lymphatic and like you said, causes inflammation. Can you add headings? I have had doctors give lymphatic as a heading in PE or ROS. I guess I didn't really answer it for you. I think it should be in PMH if you can (and it you're still working on it.) :)

Rheumatic fever question - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
I would put it under cardiovascular if he says this in the review of systems as it can affect a heart valve.

Similar Messages:

Type Of Fever
Jul 19, 2010

having trouble with dictation of what sounds like "boulie fever". what might he be saying? ...

Yesterday The Patient Started With A Fever Of 501....
Jul 10, 2010

It's a miracle she's still here I suppose.  ...

Long Time MT With Burnout And Cabin Fever!
Dec 16, 2009

I've been an MT for 15 years and work full time, 40 hours a week.  Lately, I have been SO restless and bored to death with my job!  I'm married and have no kids--when my husband gets home from work, he is glad to be here; meanwhile, by mid week, I'm about to go stark raving mad due to being at home so much!  Now I'm not new at this, as I said.  I have also been in QA, which I enjoyed much more, but the pay was so dire that I went back to transcribing. ...