A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Potassium or K - Jackie

Posted: Nov 24, 2010

The doc (ESL) says ".....her K was 3.3.  Also later mentions "K supplement".  Should I transcribe as is?  Cannot find reference on Do Not Use list.  Thanks

Normally you transcribe what is dictated unless - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
your client wants it spelled out, so I would use K if that is what was dictated.

Similar Messages:

The Discussion Over Potassium Value Of 216.
May 08, 2012

Although my view on this issue is that, yes, a seasoned transcriptionist should recognize that 216 was not the proper value (and I can see QA flagging that as a serious error), the point I'd like to make is that this is the crazy problem with MTSOs thinking that ASR can replace the human, experienced transcriptionist. Without an MT's knowledge that "this value" or "that dosage" doesn't make sense, this is exactly the type of error that ASR will continue to crank out.  The qu ...

Treatment For Potassium Elevation
Sep 12, 2012

The pt has elevated potassium.   Being treated in ER with calcium chloride, B-51, Kayexalate and 1/3 liter of "Chris............. something.   TIA ...

K Versus Potassium In Report
Feb 04, 2013

When a physician dictates, "The patient was put on K supplements", or "The patient's K was", should these be expanded to potassium? Thanks. ...

S/l C-NUT Shows A Sodium Of 143, Potassium 3.5, Chloride 107, Etc.
Apr 23, 2013

. ...

Dictators Give The Labs With The Values First - Like 147 Sodium, 4.2 Potassium
Aug 18, 2011

Don't you hate it when dictators give the labs with the values first - like 147 sodium, 4.2 potassum, etc and then switch it part way through back to glucose 110 - that gets me so screwed up. ...

Should I Expand "K" To Potassium
Jul 13, 2011

The physician dictated "K supplement" and "Patient's K on test is 3.1". Should I expand "K" to potassium or transcribe verbatim? Thank you! ...

"K" For Potassium?
Oct 26, 2011

Is it appropriate to leave "K" (as dictated) in the report? For instance, "She was treated with K supplement." Also, "Her K was 4.5 on admission but has come down to 3.2 by discharge." I don't see anything in my Company's account specifics about this, and I am not sure what is proper. ...