A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Percocet dosing question - Ann H.

Posted: Jan 05, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of a dose of Percocet as high as 50 mg q.3 h. p.r.n. for pain?  This seems terribly high, but the pateint is in almost constant pain from cystinuria and bilateral renal calculi. 

That does seem high. . . - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Was that correct?

Dosage is acceptable - see message

[ In Reply To ..]

q.3 h. is a bit much, but the dosage is acceptable for severe pain.   

Percocet 10/ 325

oxycodone/ acetaminophen

Adult Dosing: 

Dosage form  10/325

pain, moderate to moderate-severe

[1-2 tabs PO q.6 h. prn]

Maximum:  1 g/dose, 4 g/day acetaminophen; <2 g/day for elderly or alcoholic patients

Info:    q.4 h. dosing may be needed if severe pain or opioid-tolerance; taper dose gradually to D/C if duration >few weeks

Similar Messages:

HS Dosing?
Aug 09, 2011

doc states "they will change he lantus 15 units to hs dosing"    how would you type the "hs dosing" and what does that mean ...

Sig For Medication Dosing
Dec 03, 2009

When a doctor uses sig for medication dosing do I write as s.i.g. since this is Latin? Has anyone heard of not using periods for Latin words? I received something back from my quality once that changed n.p.o. to NPO. Thought BOS states to use periods for Latin words? Any thoughts? ...

Dosing Question.
Aug 24, 2010

Relafen 500 mg 2 tablets per g-tube q. AM. Am I really hearing g-tube? Or would it be g 2? He also dictates Neurontin 300 mg 1 per g-tube on day 1 and 1 b.i.d. on day 2, and 1 t.i.d. on day 3 per g-tube. ...

Dosing Question
Oct 26, 2010

Having a brain lapse -- proper form for 25 mg q.4-6h. or is it q. 4-6h. or q.4-6 h. ?? Thanks! ...

Dosing Confusion
Nov 24, 2010

I have heard this before with other meds and have no idea what the doc is talking about.  He dictates sodium bicarb nineteen fifty mg.  What does he mean?  1950 mg or 19/50 mg, or sodium bicarb19 50 mg.  I looked up sodium bicarb for the dosing and still don't know what he means.  Can someone help?  Thank you. ...

Insluin Dosing Help Please
Mar 10, 2015

Lantus insulin 38 units at 10:00 a.m., 10 units QBK, and 6 units QDL. Have never heard of QBK and QDL, stating very clearly, I just do not know how to type them..any help greatly appreciated, not finding them on goodle either ...

Love These Dictators And Their Dosing!
May 10, 2015

"and the patient has been treated with IV vancomycin 1000 grams x1 as well as..." 2.2 pounds of vanco should fix you right up!  ...

Doc Says "Percocet Number 5"-sm
Jun 28, 2011

He says "I have written a prescription for Percocet 'number' 5, a total of 10 tablets."   In searching, I found that Percocet is printed with the number 5 on it.  I've never had it dictated this way.  Which way should this be typed?  Percocet No. 5, Percocet number 5, or Percocet #5. ...

Dosing Instruction Help - S/L "per Oz" (as In Wizard Of Oz) - SM
Jun 12, 2014

Doctor dictated for the patient to take Subutex 2 mg, five tablets daily either sublingually or s/l "per oz." Thank you for your help! ...