A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medication - not sure if vitamin or new drug...sm - Eva

Posted: Oct 05, 2012

Patient is on s/l sovera. 

If it will help, other medications are Bystolic, Diovan/hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium, Lamictal, Norco.

My drug book is seriously outdated, but I've searched drugs.com -- no luck.

It may be solvera, sylvera, or it may be vara.  Does it sound familiar to anyone?  Thanks!

? Savella - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

No. He may mean that, but definitely "era" sound..thanks though - Eva

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the suggestion.

Similar Messages:

Need Help With A Vitamin ?
Feb 09, 2012

Dictator is saying the patient is on s/l Crid-i-cal with 500 units of D3 when she is listing the vitamins the patient is on.  All I can find in my searches are "critical."  Anyone heard of this vitamin? ...

Vitamin K?
Oct 21, 2014

Are you supposed to type "vitamin K" as dictated or is it one of those dangerous abbreviation things. I seem to remember it means potassium or something else but haven't come across it in a long time. ...

Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy
Nov 23, 2009

How would you type this?   vitamin D-25 hydroxy?  ...

Anyone Heard Of Vitamin D12 ???
Feb 19, 2010

Doc is clearly saying D12.  Does anyone know if there is a vitamin D12.  I am not able to locate any info.  I am assuming he means B12, but it's very rare for this doc to make mistakes while dictating (yes, I am so blessed with him, but his colleague makes up for it, lol) Help!  Thanks guys! ...

Pt Received Vitamin K...see Msg
Jul 31, 2010

vitamin K 10 mg daily.  Prior to the surgery he had s/l ACLOMATHYCIN the following morning IM.  Any help for me?  Thx. ...

Vitamin/supplement Reference
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone know of a good online reference for vitamin and supplement names, preferably something that allows for a "sounds like"?  I am struggling with this one - it sounds like "ketcava" and I'm thinking it might be something used for insomnia since it's listed in between 2 other supplements used for insomnia.  If anyone knows the name of this one or can point me in the direction of where to find it, I would greatly appreciate it!  Thanks in advance! ...

Rheumatology Lab That Kind Of S/l Vitamin D?
Oct 08, 2010

Does anyone know of a rheumatology lab that kind of s/l vitamin D?  She is listing all of the rheumatology labs that she is going to be drawing, CBC, CMP, ESR, CRP, ANA direct, SSA/SSB, RF, anti-CCP, ACE, Lyme, TSH, muscle enzymes, s/l vitamin D.  I couldn't find anything online b/c she could be saying just about anything...she is saying the word while exhaling into the mic. ...

Doc Prescribes Vitamin D And Gives The Patient
Nov 10, 2010

a s/l "min-omega" brochure. I cannot document this anywhere! ...

Vitamin Alginal?...doc Spelling
Jan 14, 2011

Doctor spelled this vitamin, very clear speaker. ...

Meds: Vitamin B12 12,000 Mg **daily** Isn't That An
May 18, 2011

x ...

OTC Vitamin Salpamella (Dr. Spelling) Cannot Find??
Jan 10, 2011

... ...

How To Accurately Transcribe Vitamin D3 5000 Units Daily?
Nov 23, 2011

Question...I've been looking all over trying to figure out the best way to transcribe number/number combinations with medications on a list of meds where using parentheses doesn't seem to be right.  For example: Vitamin D3 5000 units daily, vitamin B12 500 mg daily, etc.  Is there a way to transcribe this where it doesn't look so number-heavy and the dosage is clearly separate from the vitamin? TIA! ...

Anyone Heard Of A Drug That S/L *Absion Or Apsion*? It Is In The Drug List...
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

BP Medication S/l Ass Ee Uh
Nov 07, 2009

s/l   ass ee up ...

Medication Name Help Please
Dec 27, 2009

This is an ER visit for a pt in because her debrillator "fired".  Hx of MI, CAD, htn, high cholesterol.  The med is on her allergies list.  Sounds like "Topiglide." ...

URI Medication?
Jan 19, 2010

Doctor is dictating a medication almost assuredly for a URI -- s/l "Ultahist/Altahist liquid". I actually had this question in the past and no one was able to help or just didn't see my post. Any help would be appreciated. TIA ...

Medication Help
Mar 29, 2010

Two drugs in question.  S/L Novus and Resista?  Never heard them/cannot find them anywhere.  Any ideas???? ...

Medication Help...
Aug 19, 2010

s/l mer-acid-iol 300 mg 2 tablets b.i.d. also on Cozaar, Celexa, metformin and Norvasc.  ...

Medication, Maybe
Aug 28, 2010

I keep hearing on patients who are in the ICU with all kinds of tubes sticking out of them something that sounds like "sea sas per protocol", often listed along with medications. Today in the same doc I heard the above and also somethng tha sounds like "citra carium per protocol" and suspect it may refer to the same thing. Any ideas? thanks a bunch. ...

Medication S/l Sor-cox-a-bin
Sep 15, 2010

Thank you. ...

Name Of A Medication
Oct 01, 2010

Doctor says the patient has heavy bleeding and cramping.  She was prescribed "Listerra" or Listetta?  The doctor has a pretty heavy accent.  which did not help.  The Listerra will not prevent unwanted pregnancy like the Mirena will. So apparently this is not a birth control pill but something to help with the heavy periods and cramping?   Thanks. ...

Need Medication Help
Jan 19, 2011

Anybody ever hear of a medication that sounds like "Lotanapress?" ...

Medication (may Be OTC)
Mar 09, 2011

Patient takes Synthroid, Inderal, Estrace, Prilosec and S/L prevalate powder as well as Elavil and naproxen. Thanks in Advance! ...

Another Medication
Mar 09, 2011

Patient with history of heart disease, CHF, sleep apnea, hypertension, diabetes mellitus and arthritis.  Medication S/L quanapril or kawanapril...? Thanks in Advance. ...

Medication Help Please?
Mar 19, 2011

Sounds like toe-fair-oh Tofarro?  Telfaro? Dosage is 600 mg. ...

Medication S/l
May 08, 2011

Med s/l Mecaptopurin and Humira- seems like should be a Crohns medicine, not sure.... ...

Medication Name Help
Aug 08, 2011

Dictator says "fluticasone? 50 mcg 2 squares daily. Not sure about the medication name, but is definately 50 mcg 2 squares daily. I am not familiar with medication squares? Any suggestions? Patient has hypertension, hypokalemia, and is admitted for renal consult. Thanks! ...

What Is That Medication Again?
Nov 17, 2011

To bring back the topic of dictators absolutely mangling words, one of my NPs just dictated:   "Her umbilified was just doubled by another physician to help her mood." Hmm, me thinks you meant ABILIFY?  There's no M in that word.   Gotta love it. ...

Help With Medication !
Nov 24, 2011

It's Turkey Day and I'm working and I'm already having trouble.  Her confusion occurred again last night but was not nearly as severe as the previous night.  She seemed to worsen after she was given a dose of (sounds like "Pa-cy-an-ex") last night for her coughing.  Thanks !! Happy Gobble Gobbel to all !! ...

Medication That S/l Sent-a-men?? Help!
Jan 07, 2012

.. ...