A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

LEEP conization - sw

Posted: Nov 04, 2011

I'm having trouble w/ this operative report...I've never transcribed a LEEP procedure before. At one point he says what sounds like "(s/l blue) guaze was then placed in the cervix.  I identified the transformation zone.  The green-colored (s/l loop or loof) was used.  A blended cutting current of 40 Watts was used to perform the conization."  I wasn't sure if the wattage part was right, either.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!

see msg - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
s/l blue guaze is Lugol (as in Lugol solution)
s/l loop or loof is loop (as in loop electrode)
Watts is not capped

Similar Messages:

LEEP Term
Jul 20, 2010

Doctor says, "At the 12 o’clock position where high grade changes were previously diagnosed, there is an area of arborization that was a little bit atypical in presentation."  He is doing a colposcopy but is referring to a previous LEEP...arborization???  Can't seem to find this anywhere and he's got cotton in his mouth, so I can't hear him clealry.  Any thoughts?  ...

LEEP Procedure
Sep 22, 2010

Question is s/l Lugall.  He used it twice and not quite sure what he is saying, but s/l Lou-gulll   GROSS PATHOLOGY:  s/l Lugall finds take up at the 12 o’clock position.  Biopsy slightly toward the 1 o’clock position.   PROCEDURE:  With the patient’s permission and proper time out the bivalve speculum was put in place and Lugall used and then cetacaine ... ...

Tan Loop?? On A LEEP Procedure..Cant Verify It
Feb 20, 2012

x ...

S/l High Cele Lesion Of Cervix (for LEEP)
Nov 16, 2010

This pleasant 29-year-old gravida 1, para 0, A1, last menstrual period two weeks ago,has a high cele lesion of the cervix. This is very small at 6 o'clock. ...

X-ray Shows Heart "AND LEEP STENT" To Be Normal?? More...r/o, Plz
Jun 04, 2011

"Chest x-ray is examined in anterior and lateral projections. Shows heart and LEEP STENT to be normal." Or "in the extent" to be normal. Or "hardened leep stent" to be normal.   These are all the different things I hear...not sure what she is saying!!! Help, plz. ...

Leap Biopsy Or Leep Biopsy For HPV
May 18, 2010

I see that there is a LEEP procedure but unsure because I see the 2 terms unsed interchangeably when I googled.   Thanks ...