A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

way to search for drugs by dosage only? - sm

Posted: Nov 11, 2013

Sometimes all you have is a list of medications and no context as to what they are for.  Is there a place to search by dosage when that is all you can make out?  I have one now that s/l edaquine 25 mg daily.  Thanks.

Here's how I do it... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This option is a lot easier when it's not such a common dosage; but you can try it. In the Google search box type "25 mg" (including the quotes) and then when the results come up, start adding drug names that you know aren't what you want to the search box with a minus sign in front, and search again. Keep eliminating the wrong ones, and eventually you might find the one you do want. For example: your first revised search might look like this:

"25 mg" -diphenhydramine -promethazine -topamax

and so forth. Good luck!

consider Edecrin - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Need Hlp With Two Drugs Pla
Jul 16, 2012

Drug sl Di clan or can  for emesis, and second drug is me cal fun gan... ty.... ...

Drugs And More Drugs
Jan 12, 2014

Doctor said:  The patient said she has not used drugs for two months but took a couple of mollies a couple weeks ago.  ? Am I missing something?   ...

Drugs
Apr 01, 2015

The patient has diabetes she is on Levemir 16 units and "Victresa" 0.8 mg sub daily. Thanks  ...

Which Search Engine Do You Use To Search?
Jan 11, 2014

Wondering if everyone still uses just Google, or have you found something better? Curious to know! ...

Drugs...generic Or Not?
Dec 20, 2010

Ive asked QA this five times to no avail.  Truth is, I'm still not sure why SpellCheck doesn't cover this.  How do we know when I drug has switched over and is now generic and no longer requires capitalization?? I used to depend on Google (at the bottom of the page whether it is capped or not) but QA has bit me a couple times on this and for the life of me, even after researching, cannot find a 100% reliable answer to this question.  As always, thanks in advance! ...

Message From Drugs.com
Aug 08, 2012

There have been reports that the Drugs.com website is infectiing users with a virus. This is not correct. Back in June we identified a rouge advertisement that was being swapped out infrequently in place of a genuine ad. This ad launched a false virus threat message and directed the user to a website to pay to have the virus removed. The ad was removed and we have banned the network that supplied the ad. We have had no further issues since then. You can confirm that the website is safe by chec ...

Cancer Drugs (sm)
Apr 18, 2014

I'm looking for a listing of cancer drugs, approved and in trials, that has the correct case (generic and brand name).  FDA.gov is a good one but that includes all drugs and I was hoping to find a list of just cancer drugs. Any suggestions?   ...

Capitalization On Drugs
Nov 24, 2014

Seems like at one time I saw where QA/QC was no longer counting off if you accidentally (or through ignorance) capitalized a generic, but that if you did NOT capitalize a name brand it was an error. Am I crazy, or can someone tell me where to find this? ...

I Heart Google Drugs
Jun 30, 2010

In the last few weeks Google has this new feature. You type in the name of a drug (generic or brand name) and the first result that comes down is from www.nlm.nih.gov and it looks different than the rest of the links. It has the generic and brand name, a short discription of what it does and how to take it, and includes links for further information. It has a little picture of a pill on it so it is easily seen and recognized. This is so much better than scrolling down through the links to find o ...

S/l Anoxapres Nothing Found At Drugs.com
Jan 19, 2011

thanks ...

Drugs S/l Acyclovate Or Esicorvate? Sm
Oct 29, 2013

looking at possible Aclovate, but not what dictator is saying.  Pt has hypertension, hyperlipidemia, PVD and CAD.  Nothing mentioned about any skin condition, so doubt Aclovate.  Help please? anyone? Thanks ...

Anyone Have A Good Resource For HIV/AIDS Drugs?
Apr 26, 2014

xx ...

Dosage Help Please
Dec 02, 2010

AGGHH, I am tired tonight.  I am not sure if I am hearing Cardizem drip at 2 mg/hr or 10 mg/hr.  Any help would be appreciated.  I think I need an extra set of ears tonight.  ...

Dosage
Jan 11, 2013

My brain is not working this morning. The doctor dictates a clonidine dose as "one-tenth of a mg." How should I transcribe this? ...

Is There Any Site That Lists Generic Vs Brand Name Drugs?
Nov 07, 2009

nm ...

Hints For Brand Names Vs Generic Drugs
Aug 11, 2011

I was hoping some more experienced MTs could help me with something.  I am struggling with remembering which are brand names and which are generics (so I know to cap them or not).  Is there some trick to this? A website that can quickly (and obviously) tell you?  Perhaps some software you all have? Please, it is driving me crazy and my quality is suffering :(  ...

Do You Capitalize Illegal Drugs Such As Cocaine, Heroin, Etc?
Dec 08, 2011

or do you leave them in lower case.  I know you capitalized brand names and lower case on generics, but what about street drugs, always wondered that?  TIA ...

Drug Dosage
Oct 22, 2009

For 4-numeral drug dosages, are commas used in the number?  As in:  1,500 mg vs 1500 mg.  I have the online BOS but have an awful time finding what I need.  (If anyone has any good search tips for that thing, that would be much appreciated as well.)    : ) ...

Prednisone Dosage?
Nov 12, 2009

AGGHH!  I cannot tell if the doctor is stating prednisone 15 or 50 mg four times a day?  Any ideas?  I have googled and I can find prednisone in both dosages.  ...

Help With Medication Dosage
Dec 12, 2009

I transcribed a report where the doctor was stating a dosage for IM toradol.  I could not make out if he was stating 50 or 60 mg.  When I googled I found both; so, I left a blank and put the report on hold.  The editor filled in the blank with 6 mg. Does this sound right to you?  ...

Drug Dosage Help
Dec 04, 2010

Doc dictates septra po q. mws or nws - any idea what mws or nws means?  Can't remember hearing that before.  ...

Medication Dosage Help
Apr 14, 2011

Hi all, it is late and I am getting tired.  I have a doctor stating the following, "He is placed on clindamycin 10 mg/kg per 5 mL every 12 hours. This is a 75 mg/5 mL solution."  The patient is a child.  I googled and can find bits and pieces of what I input, but nothing all together.  I guess what I am questioning is, do you think he meant to say the first 5 mL, or do you think he was stumbling over it?  Also, does the dosage seem correct to you?    ...

Med Dosage Abbreviation
Apr 19, 2011

I have one doc that keeps giving me an abbreviation.  She will say Coreg 6.25 mg po bid then says W.C.  Any ideas, anyone else every hear of this, my first time in 20 years.  Cannot find anything.  All input is appreciated :) ...

Medication Dosage Help Please
Apr 25, 2011

I am trying to verify a dosage for Cerebyx.  The doctor is clearly stating 1000 mg, but I cannot verify this, and it seems high to me.  It may be a loading dose as the patient had 3 witnessed seizures.  Has anyone heard of Cerebyx given at 1000 mg IV?  ...

Help With Dosage Format
Oct 14, 2011

Doctor dictates: Ambien 10 mg q 9 p.m. Just making sure how the 'q 9 pm' is transcribed. Is it like this: q.9 p.m. or q.9. p.m.?? Not sure....any help would be appreciated. I am new to the job and want to make sure i do this correctly.Thanks ...

Nitroglycerin Dosage
Aug 22, 2012

Dr. states nitroglycerin 1/150 sublingual p.r.n. chest pain, but the patient's chart reads nitroglycerin sublingual 0.4 p.r.n. Are these two interchangeable or are they different? Thanks! ...

Eye Drop Dosage
Aug 09, 2013

Doctor is giving medication list and says: "Erythomycin 0.5 s/l in-shrib-in to right eye." I'm assuming it is drops or ointment but don't know what in-shrib-in might mean and it's said very clearly. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Confirm Dosage B12
Aug 23, 2013

Want to confirm vitamin B12 dose.  Is it 100 mg, 1000 mcg?Thanks for your help. ...

Hippocrates And Antidepressant Dosage
Dec 20, 2009

The patient is doing okay from a depression standpoint and wishes to increase her Lexapro slightly.  She has been on 30 mg and the panel of this is above the recommended dose from Hippocrates.  In searching via Google it sounds like Hippocrates is a British reference guide?  I am not sure if the doctor is saying the "panel" of this is above or something else. Any feedback would be great!  ...

Dosage Depo-Medrol
Jun 07, 2010

For a spinal epidural injection, I think this doc is saying 80 mg Depo-Medrol with 9 mL Lidocaine.  The MT is putting 18 mg Depo-Medrol consistently.  I think that's incorrect.   ...