A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help with septoplasty. s/l Bilial splints -sm - mary

Posted: Jun 19, 2012

.A 6-0 Prolene was used to close the columellar incision, and the lateral nasal sidewall incisions were closed using 7-0 nylon.  Internal * bilial * splints were placed for stabilization and an external splint was applied.  Bilateral Marcaine blocks were performed using 0.5% Marcaine.  

Thank you for your help.  

Nasal splint - BrandyH

[ In Reply To ..]
Bivalve maybe?

nasal splint - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, but I do not thinks so.

There are too many syllables. it sounds like bill-lee-ab-bull, so it is not bilateral either. Tried it with a v, p, c. Nothing. I have looked in Stedmans surgical equipment and surgery. Tried Googling. I am not getting something. By now it should have turned up. Going to be something really simple, and really dumb! :D

Again, thank you for taking the time

Splint - BrandyH

[ In Reply To ..]
Huh...maybe it's removable. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but you're welcome!
I usually hear bilateral intranasal splints. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

maybe malleable - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n
Malleable - . - Mary
[ In Reply To ..]
I think malleable best fits what it sounds like. I have already sent it in but flagged. Will find out soon enough.

Thanks everyone. I will remember for next time.

Similar Messages:

ENT - S/l Esinore Or Asimore Septoplasty
Feb 16, 2012

Patient is having a s/l esinore or asimore septoplasty?   Thanks for your help,  ...

For A Septoplasty / Turbinectomy: "4% COCAINE
Dec 15, 2009

Is "cocaine" really what he's saying?   ...

Septoplasty With S/l Esmar Of The Right Inferior Turbinate
Nov 08, 2010

This patient has hypertrophy of the right inferior turbinate and is having a septoplasty wtih s/l ethmar or esmar of the right inferior turbinate.  ...

Septoplasty/Turbinate Reduction: S/l Chiumella?
Nov 22, 2010

Currently working on an OR for a septoplasty/turinate reduction... The sentence is:  Stay sutures were secured to one another externally below the s/l chiumella. Driving me crazy trying to find out this word!!  Any help would be appreciated! ...

Pt With A Loose Suture After Septoplasty- "she Still Has **quam-on
Feb 11, 2012

x ...

S/l "Rooter" Nasal Splints. Sm
Jul 15, 2010

He spells it, but I can't tell if he is spelling router or ruter and I can't seem to verify it in any references.  ...