A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hardware lucency? - NewOrthoMT

Posted: Nov 11, 2011

Likely an easy one, but is hardware lucency possible? My mind is telling me it might mean loose, as in no signs of the hardware being loose, but I don't think there is an appropriate spelling for what sounds like lucency?

"Hardware remains well aligned without signs of breakage or lucency."

Any ideas?

definition - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
In radiology, a region in an image caused by an absorber of lower x-ray attenuation than its surrounding tissues; in general, the opposite of opacity.

Understand, but... sm - NewOrthoMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yup, I did think of that~ :) I should have mentioned in my original post that I know it is known in a radiology finding, and while the section was listed under the radiology heading, the context of it made it seem something else.

"Hardware remains well aligned without signs of breakage or lucency."

I guess what I am asking is if it's normal for the hardware itself to show signs of lucency, or was the doc talking about the radiology image of the hardware?

he's talking about the radiology image of lucency. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Too late but ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
In this case, I think the dictator means no hardware loosening which would go along with the idea of without any signs of breakage and being well-aligned.

Yup, thought the same, too. However... - sm - NewOrthoMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't know how to spell it in the sense of the hardware being loose as the doctor clearly said "lucency." Sent it to QA though, but on a different note.

Thanks for your input :)

Similar Messages:

Orthopedic Hardware Word Help...
Nov 11, 2011

Dictator talking about visualization of "Ex-Fix pin sites" being well-healed... not listed in any of my books...I have found online as Ex Fix, Ex-Fix, and written out as external fixation pin sites...any ideas on which way is correct? ...

Kind Of Hardware / Software I Need To Be Compliant With HIPAA
Aug 24, 2010

I'm just starting out (just received my diploma from transcription courses), and want to know what kind of hardware / software I need to be compliant with HIPAA regulations. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Hip Arthroplasty S/l Accent On The Right And Retained Hardware On The Left
Jan 05, 2011

Total hip arthroplasty infection with enterococcus with single-stage s/l accent on the right and retained hardware on the left. ...

Pt Is S/p ORIF Right Distal Radius With Removal Of Hardware
Nov 12, 2014

and left carpal tunnel release. She is asking for Cad-i-mean cream. Thanks ...

Exam Reveals Thoracic Kyphosis. There Is Painful Hardware At The Mid Thoracic Region
Apr 09, 2013

His ______ angle (s/l ben-angle) is decreased.  Thanks for any help.   ...