A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ages 1-10 - lori32i

Posted: Oct 30, 2014

Is it the new AAMT/BOS guidelines now that a child's age 1-10 be numerals now like "A 9-year-old girl"??

Ages 1-10 - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, that is true. Numerals are, as AHDI states, easier to read and stand out in a medical report. However, you will need to check account specifics and company procedure because some clients and companies want all numerals spelled out less than 10. Hope that helps. Clear as mud, huh?

Ages 1-10 - lori32i

[ In Reply To ..]
It pretty much clears up my questions!!! Thank you sm!

Ages have always been numerals...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
From age 1 to infinity; the exception being if the age starts a sentence, then it is suggested you recast the sentence like such: 10-year-old... patient to A 10-year-old patient.

My bad, Lori32i - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Other poster is right regarding ages, which have always been numerals. I was focusing on the change to use numerals for those numeric expressions less than 10, a change made quite a while ago by AAMT Book of Style, 2nd Edition. The other poster is right. I am sorry. I hope you are not still confused by my post. I'll go take my meds now.

Similar Messages:

Disc Versus Disk? Back In The Stone Ages When I First Became An MT
Jul 17, 2014

I was told disc when referring to optic discs and disk when referring to the spine.  Then I believe the standard was changed to disc for everything.  I just recently started a new job where I was pinged for using disc in a lumbar steroid injection report by my supervisor who told me to use disk for the spine.  So which is correct?  I can't keep up since they put a new book of style every other year. Thanks! ...