A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Acronym for hyperparathyroidism? - msimm

Posted: Aug 27, 2012

I dont have an endocrine word book anymore.  Does anyone know what the correct acronyms for hyperparathyroidism and hypoparathyoidism are?  Thanks for any help you can give.

hyperparathyroidism - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
HPT

Similar Messages:

PTHFA? PTHSA? Hyperparathyroidism Blood Test.
Jun 08, 2010

x ...

Acronym
Dec 13, 2010

Does anyone know what  AVHRSO means? It is a procedure for pelvic pain.  I can't seem to find anywhere.   Thank you ...

An Acronym That S/l MAF?
May 16, 2011

The doctor is referring to a patient's medication list in her chart and says please refer to MAF for full details. This one in not familiar to me. Thank you in advance for any help. ...

Medical Acronym
Dec 02, 2009

Anyone heard of AYR?  What is it?  HELP! ...

Medical Acronym ? HUF?
Feb 20, 2011

Of course, this is a discharge diagnosis, so I can't just type "HUF" and leave it be.  I can't for the life of me figure out what this might be, and I can't find it anywhere.   The patient has hematuria with pancytopenia and renal failure.  This MD is not an ESL and speaks quite clearly.  He is clearly saying "HUF"!!!  (Actually he is saying HUF/TTP.) Appreciate any help with this.  Thanks.     ...

Thyromegaly Acronym?
Jun 04, 2011

I have a doctor who dictates in the physical exam "Neck is supple, no JVD.  No ATR, no carotid bruit."  I have a sample where someone has typed out "no thyromegaly," but he clearly is not saying that.  I have tried to Google ATR but nothing medical comes up.  I have typed this man several times and usually blank him there but thought I would check here in case anyone has any ideas.  Thanks! ...

SCARE/acronym?
Feb 12, 2012

Patient with a shoulder injury. "Have her practice s/l SCARE, limit her activities.  She is to use ice 15 to 20 minutes bid, preferably tid."  I cannot find an acronym for this, but cannot come up with anything else that will fit into the context. Thank you     ...

APES (acronym)?
Mar 07, 2012

Does anyone know if this is correct? An acronum, sounds like APES or APEF and they are consulting on a hip surgery patient in the hospital! I cannot find it! ...

Acronym Or Abbreviation: SOV
Jul 11, 2013

I need to expand an abbreviation but don't know what it means. Context:  In office visit notes under Plan:  "SOV one week."  Seems like it may refer to a followup visit, but can't find this one.  Anybody know???   Thanks! ...

Rectal Lesion - ? Acronym - Psm
Apr 03, 2012

Rectal exam reveals 2 irritated s/l KOFFA-like lesions noted at the rectum.  These do not appear to be thrombosed hemorrhoids.  A: Probable anorectal HPV. P: Treat with Aldara cream. Thanks for your help. ...

Help With Acronym Please - Used In Ortho Dictation
Jun 21, 2012

He did undergo a right total shoulder replacement in March with excellent outcome. He is very pleased with the result. He does rate himself as a 7, approaching 8 on the SOD scale.    What does SOD stand for?Thank you!! ...

Type Of Scar/acronym?
Dec 05, 2013

Dr. describing a previous lumpectomy and axillary scar as "midline s/l PALP scar, healing" could be an acronym.  Anybody every heard anything similar???  Maybe posterior antecubital lateral pectoralsi??????  Just a guess. Thanks in advance!     ...