A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

iPhone or BlackBerry? - Pookie

Posted: Jul 14, 2011

I am planning on buying a new cell phone but I cannot decide on which way to go.  I have an iPod Touch, which I absolutely love, so I was leaning towards buying an iPhone.  However, I have been hearing that BlackBerrys are really great and I just wanted to see if anyone has an opinion since I have never used a BlackBerry. 

Thanks guys!!!! 

Cut the Blackberry as its obsolete now - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Either go for IPhone or Android. Don't get confused with Android, it's a free to use mobile operating system launched by Google and almost every mobile manufacturer e.g. Nokia, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony Ericsson has launched their own Android based phones, so you will be having variety of options buying Android based phones.

Personally, I will prefer Android over Iphone. Check the link below.

Love my BB Torch - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had the BB Torch for a little bit now and it is hands down the best 3G phone I have ever had (IMO). I had the latest Iphone for about 4 months and hated it, DH loves his. He had the BB, he hated it, I LOVE IT.

It depends on what you are comfortable with and what you want it to do. This phone fits all my needs. It is kind of the best of both, has a touch screen, OR I can use the classic BB functions. There are tons of applications you can load and the picture and video quality are remarkable.

ON THE OTHER HAND, if you're looking for something all together different and New, the INCREDIBLE phone is great. My son got that and showed me (after I got my BB) and I couldn't put it down! It is a Droid phone and has the SnapDragon processor and is F-A-S-T!

If I could, I'd get THAT one! LOL! (i'm a techy nerd!)

Have fun comparing!

Thanks to both of you for your input!!! - Pookie

[ In Reply To ..]

Android!! - Jackie

[ In Reply To ..]
I looked at all the options available and preferred the Android over all others available. :)

Similar Messages:

IPhone
Nov 13, 2011

Some docs at my office want to switch to an iPhone for dictation. We have been using Olympus for years with great sound, etc. I know nothing about sound quality, how to receive it, etc., with iPhones. Help!!! ...

IPhone Dictating And Dropbox
Oct 17, 2012

I am trying to set up a way I can receive files from an independent doctor to transcribe.  He would like to dictate on his iPhone.  I know there are dictation apps for iPhone, and I know there is Dropbox for iPhone.  Question is:  Is it possible for him to dictate in the iPhone app and save to Dropbox on the iPhone from that app?  If so, which app can do this?  I'm trying to make this work, as we live far away from each other and e-mail is not secure.  Tha ...

First IPhone App To Convert Audio File To Text By Speech Recognition
Aug 22, 2013

I have created the first app on iPhone which can dictate the audio file in multiple size and format into text by speech recognition.In addition, the app can record your voice by 1 hour that help to improve the speed to input .The app link is shown below:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downright-transcription/id687650485?mt=8The website is shown below:downrighttranscript.appspot.com ...