A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

iPhone - Linda

Posted: Nov 13, 2011

Some docs at my office want to switch to an iPhone for dictation. We have been using Olympus for years with great sound, etc. I know nothing about sound quality, how to receive it, etc., with iPhones. Help!!!

read article about voice quality over cell phones - carolinamt

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't now how the technology will work for receiving any dictation sent using an IPhone, but below is an article I came across regarding the voice quality over a cell phone (which explains some of why the quality of dictation is getting worse with doctors/NPs/PAs using anything but the dedicated dictation lines).

http://news.discovery.com/human/cell-phone-frequency-111028.html

thank you - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!

Similar Messages:

IPhone Or BlackBerry?
Jul 14, 2011

I am planning on buying a new cell phone but I cannot decide on which way to go.  I have an iPod Touch, which I absolutely love, so I was leaning towards buying an iPhone.  However, I have been hearing that BlackBerrys are really great and I just wanted to see if anyone has an opinion since I have never used a BlackBerry.  Thanks guys!!!!  ...

IPhone Dictating And Dropbox
Oct 17, 2012

I am trying to set up a way I can receive files from an independent doctor to transcribe.  He would like to dictate on his iPhone.  I know there are dictation apps for iPhone, and I know there is Dropbox for iPhone.  Question is:  Is it possible for him to dictate in the iPhone app and save to Dropbox on the iPhone from that app?  If so, which app can do this?  I'm trying to make this work, as we live far away from each other and e-mail is not secure.  Tha ...

First IPhone App To Convert Audio File To Text By Speech Recognition
Aug 22, 2013

I have created the first app on iPhone which can dictate the audio file in multiple size and format into text by speech recognition.In addition, the app can record your voice by 1 hour that help to improve the speed to input .The app link is shown below:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downright-transcription/id687650485?mt=8The website is shown below:downrighttranscript.appspot.com ...