A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

eClinicalWorks - AP

Posted: Jun 14, 2011

Does anyone have experience transcribing directly into eClinicalWorks? What kind of foot pedal is required? Is it compatible with an abbreviation expander (e.g., Instant Text Pro) and Stedman's medical dictionary?

eClincal - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I do. If you type directly in the note, there is no expander. I use ES for the audio and sometimes if I want to use my expander I will use my Word and then just copy/paste. There is a lot of click through so I don't do that too much. The spell check is not so hot.

eClinicalWorks - AP

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the info. What foot pedal is compatible?

eClinicalWorks - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I just use my USB foot pedal (I think an Infinity?) with Express Scribe. None of the docs use the dictation in the program itself, they said it was pretty bad and they wanted to keep dictating "as usual." Hope that makes sense.

Similar Messages:

My Clinic Just Went To EHR With EClinicalworks
Sep 13, 2013

Am I now out of a job or is there a place for transcription with this program?  Anybody have an idea of what to expect?  ...

Ever Heard Of EClinicalWorks EMR/EHR System?
Jan 13, 2014

Does anyone have any information about eCW of eClinicalWorks EHR system.  A physician i type for just got this system and he is hoping to still be able to use me as a transcriptionist, but we are unsure if the system has the capability for a doctor to dictate from the system nd the transcriptionist to type directly into a platform on the EHR.  Just trying to figure it out and I would love any informatoin anyone can provide me.   Thanks,  Haylee ...