A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need Driver for Kensington Trackball (sm) - Rachel

Posted: Feb 11, 2015

I need the driver for the old Kensington Orbit trackball, model #64226.  I purchased a couple of these as I remember they worked better than any other I'd used.  Windows Vista could not find a driver for it so I contacted Kensington tech support who said they have not made that driver since 2006 and no longer provide it, or another driver that will get it working correctly.   In searching for this driver I've found a companies claiming they have it for download but turn out to be spammers or viruses. Is there any hope for getting this driver or do I have to throw these away (eBay purchse so can't exchange).  

Hmmm.. - Backwoods Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
http://drivers-11.blogspot.com/2008/12/kensington-orbit-trackball-mouse-64226.html

I found this link, but not sure if you have already come across this. Make sure to scan with antivirus before installation. Just trying to help keep you from throwing those away. Surprised a company would not still have a driver available for a product still obviously in use.

Was there not an installation CD with the mouse? If not and you still cannot find the software you need, consider finding a forum for your issue. Another option is the Microsoft Fix It, which I have found to be helpful for various issues. Maybe that will be able to find what you need. Also make sure that restarting your computer does not make a difference. Small thing to do and inconvenient, yes, but it could be that doing this will allow installation of whatever driver you need. Good luck and update on your progress.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Used Trackball Or Touch Pad Keyboards For Editing?
May 17, 2014

I'm so sick of having my right hand have to bounce back and forth from trackball to home keys, and arrow keys back to home keys it is much slower than transcription.  I also lose time having to constantly stop and feel for the home key position.  I did a search for keyboards and found two that have the trackball or touch pad in the middle lower portion of the keyboard so you can do what used to be mouse work with your thumbs and it looks like your fingers don't have to leave ...

We're In The Driver's Seat, So Why Aren't We Driving?
May 21, 2015

A national work stoppage of 2 days would be sufficient to arrest the downward spiral and bring MTSOs to a bargaining position.  So, why hasn't it happened? I guarantee you that none of the horrible consequences that you might believe would happen would occur.   ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Driver For Windows 7 (running XP Mode W/ Winscribe)
Jan 13, 2010

I've got Windows 7 Professional on my laptop, and have XP mode set up and running.   I'm using WinScribe and my problem is that XP mode doesn't seem to recognize my foot pedal, but everything else in WinScribe is working great on 7.  Does anyone have a driver that I can get a link to?  Or, is there a new foot  pedal I should look into for this purpose.   I cannot for the life of me find a website with a legitimate driver download and with it bein ...

Bus Driver Said She Graduated From Medical Billing/coding School
Sep 25, 2012

and the reason she's driving a bus is because she hasn't been able to find a job as a coder since graduation. I asked her if she took her certification exam yet, and she said no. I didn't say anything but maybe this is the reason why she hasn't gotten hired yet. ...