A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Compiling a glossary in IT 7 - Barb

Posted: Jun 02, 2012

Is there a way to compile a glossary where file contents are inside multiple folders?  I have my customers sorted by name in a folder and then by date inside more folders under the customer's name.  The only way I could compile a glossary that was in multiple subfolders using Instant Text Pro V was to copy the files under the individual dates and paste them into one separte file used just for compiling purposes.  I have downloaded the version 7 demo and it looks like the same method is used. That is a pain.

Also, where is the blasted unlink button on version 7.  Thanks.

Compiling and unlinking - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
To compile a glossary, the files must be located within the same folder.

To unlink, you can simply use the Ctrl+/+L keyboard toggle.

You may want to look at the FAQ page or the built-in Help file for more information.

Similar Messages:

Breitner Transcription. I Am Compiling A List Of
Nov 20, 2010

companies to apply at.  I've found information on most of them.  I only see older posts about Breitner.  Does anyone have any current information.  What platform they use, how is QA, do they pay on time?  Any information is appreciated.  TIA ...

ShortCut Into Medrite Glossary
Jan 13, 2011

I am currently working in Medrite and need instructions on how to import entries from ShortCut for windows into the glossary, if it is possible.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Many thanks in advance. ...

Instant Text Glossary Issues
Aug 20, 2013

My power went out twice.  The last time, I got back on line and now, my IT glossary is giving me a message the glossary file is incorrect.   Attempt to open Glossary fails It is a window that refused to go away.  I restored my system to before this event.  I need to repair the glossary but cannot open IT. Does anyone have any ideas?  Work awaits and since I am night shift in radiology, the pressure is on. (especially since power was out for 3 hours).   Thank y ...

Instant Text 7 Pro - Help With Backing Up Glossary
May 07, 2014

I'm getting a new computer. Can some kind soul please tell me how to back up my glossary file to another file so that I can transfer it to a zip drive? I know how to copy to and from a zip drive, I just can't seem to isolate the file I need to transfer. About to run amok. ...

Instant Text - Word Glossary Productive For You?
Jan 07, 2010

Hi everybody, I have been utilizing Instant Text for about 6 months now, which has helped my production. However, I know there are many things I can do to update, improve my Instant Text glossaries.  I really do not use the Word glossary because I found that it was hard for me to look at both glossaries at the same time.  I mainly use the phrase glossary.  For Instant Text users, here are some of my questions: 1.  I mainly transcribe ED reports.  Do you think it is more productive to ...

Instant Text Pro - Transfer Glossary To Another Computer
Nov 26, 2011

Does anyone know if you can transfer your Intant Text Pro glossary to another computer without the disk?  My computer is about ready to die but I have huge glossary that I am afraid I will have to restart plus buy a whole new disk.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.     ...

Instant Text 7 Pro: Anyone Know How To Disable An Unwanted Glossary?
Apr 30, 2013

I only want to use the glossary of terms that I've established on IT (and works really well for me), but I'm unable to disable the Medstart glossary that came with IT. Even though they're separate glossaries and my glossary is the highlighted one for use, Medstart is over-riding mine. Example: For capital B, it types out "blood." Please, please, MAKE IT STOP! Can anyone save my sanity? ...

Instant Text Date Glossary Update
Jan 04, 2015

I use Instant Text and in the past I have been able to open the dates glossaries, do a find and replace with the new year and then save the glossary - I have forgotten exactly how I did that and all I can find on the Instant Text website is a new way to create a new dates glossary (which is too confusing for me...see above - getting too old for this).  If you know how to do this, can you post the instructions here?  Maybe others are looking to do the same thing...... ...

Newbie Acute Care/Instant Text/glossary Creation Question
May 21, 2010

Hi there - Well, I've just begun on a great acute care account and I'm pretty excited about it.  Here is my newbie question concerning the use of Instant Text and creating glossaries... Previously, when I had worked on a general clinic account, I had created glossaries for the 5 individual docs I worked with based on a few days' worth of each of their dictations.  It really helped pick up on their individual idiosyncracies in the way they dictated their patient visits. ...

Instant Text - My Glossary Is "incorrect"
Jan 14, 2010

Hi - My IT is great but for some reason it keeps telling me that my glossary is "incorrect."  I can still use the IT with my transcription program and can add entries, etc.  I just don't get it.  What exactly is "incorrect?"  My only thought on this is that I had copied something out of my transcription program from an E-mail (from the company) for an entry and ever since then it started doing this.  Anyone think this might be the reason or actually know the answer please let me know. ...