A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CODEC problem - any idea?

Posted: Jun 09, 2010

I have Express Scribe and received a voice file and it will not play because of a CODEC error?  What does that mean?  HELP !!!!  Need to be able to download the voice files or cannot work.   Please, please, any ideas?  

Thanking one and all in advance.

Codec - mt67

[ In Reply To ..]
Codec is referring to how the player plays different file formats. What file extension is your audio?

my file extension is - .wav

[ In Reply To ..]
I have used Express Scribe before in the past, but it has not been utilized since the beginning of the year. I received a voice file this a.m. to listen to and an unable to down load and now am getting a new error message stating "Opening audio file failed." i screwed something up BIG time and now am mad as #$%#$%#. any ideas?

thanking you in advance - feel free to email me if you wish.

Have you tried... - Bad Rabbit

[ In Reply To ..]
opening the file in Windows Media Player to have Media Player autoload the Codec and then try to reopen the file with ES?
yes I have and Media Player - is giving me the . . . .
[ In Reply To ..]
CODEC error also, so I am not sure what is going on. Of course, like I said, has been a while since I have used Express Scribe and not sure what do to do now.
This may point you in the right direction... - Bad Rabbit
[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.free-codecs.com/guides/What_Codecs_Should_I_Use.htm
hey Bad Rabbit, will give it a try, - appreciate all you . . .
[ In Reply To ..]
done to help today, this just so frustrating. will give it a go. thank you

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know What CODEC Means?
Jun 16, 2010

my player is experiencing a CODEC problem.  Anyone know how to check this or what this?   Maybe i have gremlins  . . . . . . ummmmmm ...

ExpressScribe And Audio Files/CODEC?
Nov 02, 2010

I sure hope someone out there can help me with this. Due to this situation I will be losing each day and this is only day 1 at this point so need to get this resolved. Problem: I get my files through FTP, download them into ExpressScribe and then play via foot pedal. I have been able to do this on this same account for months. The other day my supervisor wants me to work on a new account so I proceed to get my files the same way as above, but when I put them in ExpressScribe I get a window that ...